16 February 2022
Uploading XML files in Business’Bank
This guide helps you with uploading XML files of SEPA Credit Transfers (SCT) and SEPA Direct Debits (SDD) in Business’Bank. Note: The Business Premium option available in Business’Bank must be activated. For more info, please contact your ING Advisor.
How to send files
Selecting and sending files with a first signature
Entering the second signature
Signing the transaction
1. Business’Bank Menu
After logging in, select the following menu from the home screen:
Click on Payments > Payment files > Upload a file
2. Selecting and sending files with a first signature
- Click on “Choose File” in the “Upload files” screen (see below) and select the file on your hard drive.
- Define the transaction type of the file your accountancy program generated.
- Not sure which layout form your program generates? Contact the program supplier.
- Enter a reference of max. 12 characters so you can recognise which file you have sent. This field is mandatory.
Warning: you can only use a reference once every 24 hours. If you use it a second time, the file will be blocked and you will have to delete the second file.
3. Uploading files
- Click on “Validate” to get an overview of the file you are sending.
- Click on “Sign” to send the file
- You get a warning message: a second signature will be needed within a few minutes to execute the transactions.
- During this timeframe, the following info is checked:
- is the structure of the file correct?
- is the content of the file correct?
- do you have the necessary powers?
- are the account numbers of the beneficiaries (for a SEPA Credit Transfer) and the account numbers of debtors (for a SEPA Direct Debit) correct and do they exist?
If you should have sent the wrong file, you can delete it after the verification period.
A file can only be executed after entering the second signature.
4. Entering the second signature
- Click on Payments > Payment files > Envelopes to sign
- Click on the reference (in blue) to receive a detail of the file
You receive a detail of the file you sent: principal account (ordering account for SEPA Credit Transfer or account of the creditor for SEPA Direct Debit), number of transactions, total amount, execution date and transaction status.
Warning: If your transaction has another status than “insufficient signature”, contact the Business’Bank Helpdesk via 02 464 60 04 (option 2).
- If all data is correct, click on “Validate the envelope”
5. Signing the transaction
Sign the transaction.
Warning for SEPA Direct Debit in Business’Bank:
Be sure not to mix the “key-in” feature with the “upload” feature.