ING Fixed Capital Death Insurance
Indispensable protection for your family
ING Fixed Capital Death Insurance is an accidental death insurance product subject to B elgian Law developed by NN Insurance Belgium SA/NV. In the event of your accidental death, the policy will ensure your named beneficiaries receive a lump sum of an amount chosen by you in advance, to help cover the loss of income as well as any other direct or indirect costs resulting from your death such as rent, school fees, estate settlement fees, etc.
Peace of mind
Your family will be compensated for the loss of income resulting from your death, as well as expected or unexpected costs such as rent, school fees, estate settlement fees, etc.
Open to all
For a modest premium, you can give your loved ones the security and peace of mind they deserve.
You determine the amount of capital to insure, the term and the beneficiaries of your policy. You can also determine the frequency of premium payments (monthly, quarterly, half yearly, annually) and you can change these options to suit your circumstances and needs (policy amendments subject to acceptance by the insurer).
Your premiums are guaranteed for a minimum period of 3 years, except in the case of legal changes to your policy.
If you are under 65 years of age and you appoint your spouse/legal partner or a first or second-degree relative as beneficiary, you can choose to benefit from a tax reduction on your premiums in connection with long-term savings.
A death insurance policy subject to Belgian Law developed by NN Insurance Belgium SA/NV whereby your beneficiaries receive a lump sum, which you determine, in the event of your accidental death. To help them cover the loss of income and other direct or indirect costs resulting from your death such as rent, school fees, the cost of settling your estate, etc.
This insurance is intended for people who like to plan ahead and who want to ensure a decent quality of life for their family after they are gone.
You are free to choose any beneficiary or beneficiaries you wish. However the choice of beneficiary can impact the potential tax breaks on the premium. In order to retain your tax benefit, you must designate your spouse or legally cohabiting partner or a first or second-degree relative as beneficiary.
- When taking out a policy: You decide the insured capital (minimum 2,500 euros) and the beneficiary. Please bear in mind, however, that your choice of beneficiary may have an impact on the potential tax breaks on your premiums.
- During the policy: You can change the contract to match your changing circumstances. Please bear in mind, however, that all changes to your policy are subject to acceptance by the insurer.
- When the policy expires:
- While you are alive: the policy ends at the date of your choice. You can then opt to extend it on whatever basis you choose, subject to acceptance by the insurer.
- In the event of your death: your beneficiaries will be automatically contacted by the insurer, who will explain the relevant procedures to them.
- Your premium: Premiums are payable for the duration of the policy and include taxes and fees, including the 2% premium levy. If you wish, you can opt for periodical premiums.
- Fixed for 3 years: Your premiums are fixed for a period of 3 years from the start date of the policy provided you do not make changes to the policy during this time.
- Pending our approval: We use a certain number of factors to decide whether to accept your request for insurance, as well as to determine the premiums of your insurance and the extent of the guarantee.
They include the insured capital, the duration of the contract and the financial acceptance. They also include factors related to the person being insured, such as their smoking behaviour, age, health condition, profession, the sport(s) they practice and if applicable, whether or not they travel to foreign countries for long periods of time.
The final premium amount will be determined after evaluating the risk and will be confirmed in the policy.
Important information before you continue
Exclusions and limitations: a brief overview
- Tax incentives: If you take advantage of tax incentives during the term of the policy, please be aware that in the event of your death, your beneficiary will be taxed on the capital paid out.
- Your premium: If you choose to spread out your premium payments into monthly, quarterly or half yearly deposits, the insurer will apply increases of 4%, 3% and 2% respectively.
- High-risk activities: This insurance does not cover death occurring during the practice of any of the following sports: skydiving, hang-gliding, paragliding or piloting a private aeroplane.
You can find a complete description of the insurance policy, exclusions and limitations in the General Terms and Conditions (PDF) and the Information Sheet (PDF) ING Fixed Capital Death Insurance (PDF). These documents are available on www.ing.be and from all ING branch. Be sure to read them before signing your insurance policy.
Term and taxation
- You choose the length of the policy yourself. The policy expires on your choice of end date.
- As a private individual, you can choose to benefit from a tax reduction on your premiums in the context of long-term savings. The only conditions are that you take out the policy before you reach the age of 65 and that the beneficiary of your policy is your spouse, legal partner or any first or second-degree relative.
Who is NN Insurance Belgium SA/NV?
NN Insurance Belgium (formerly ING Life Belgium nv) is an insurance company within the NN Group with a long tradition in Belgium. NN Group is an insurance company and manager of investments listed on the stock exchange with a strong European focus. The group, which is present in over 18 countries and employs a staff of 12,000, provides services in the field of pensions, insurance, investments and, in the case of the Netherlands, banking services for more than 15 million customers.
Not 100% satisfied?
Please contact ING Complaint Management, Cours Saint-Michel/Sint-Michielswarande 60, 1040 Brussels, call +32 2 547 61 04 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Insurance Ombudsman, Square de Meeûs 35, 1000 Bruxelles - Tél. : +32 (2) 547 58 71 - fax: +32 (2) 547 59 75 - email@example.com - www.ombudsman.as.
Interested in ING Fixed Capital death insurance?
- For all applicable terms and conditions, exclusions and limitations, please consult the General Terms and Conditions and the Information Sheet available at www.ing.be or from any ING branch. Please read these documents before signing your policy
- You have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the General Information on Insurance and the statement regarding ING Belgium SA/nv’s and the insurer’s conflict of interest policy, including inducements. This information can be consulted at any time via www.ing.be > Charges and regulations > Information and Regulations > Insure
- Make an appointment at an ING branch of your choice.
ING Belgium nv, insurance broker, registered with the Belgian Financial Services and Markets Authority (FMSA) under code 12381A. Company headquarters: Marnixlaan 24, B-1000 Brussels - Brussels Register of Commerce - VAT No. BE 0403.200.393 - www.ing.be - BIC: BBRUBEBB - IBAN: BE45 3109 1560 2789.
AXA Belgium, public limited insurance company authorised under no. 0039 to exercise in the life and non-life branches (KB04-07-1979, BS 14-07-1979) with the National Bank of Belgium located at de Berlaimontlaan 14 in B-1000 Brussels - Headquarters: Troonplein 1 - B-1000 Brussels (Belgium) - Website: www.axa.be - Tel.: 02 678 61 11 -Fax: 02 678 93 40 - Crossroads Bank for Enterprises (CBE) No.: VAT No. BE 0404.483.367 Brussels Register of Commerce No. 7.06.5833 - 0616.