September 16 2016
Will the budget policy be implemented again?
Key points to remember
- For the time being the monetary policy in the US and the eurozone has not succeeded in restoring economic activity and productivity.
- A hike in interest rates in the United States is still uncertain at the present time.
- The election result in November will play a major role in that regard.
- In the eurozone the summer was quiet although Brexit undermined corporate confidence not only in the United Kingdom.
- Both Japan and China introduced reforms to boost growth.
This Monthly Economic Update is a brief summary of the monthly retuning of ING’s economic scenario for the world economy. Read the whole article here.