10 May 2021
ING’s services for people with special needs
ING is aware of the particular needs of people with disabilities or physical restrictions. Find out more about how ING is working towards being the bank which is accessible to everyone.
Do you have a visual impairment?
We offer two solutions for our customers who have a visual impairment.
1. Enlarge the text on your card reader
If you have difficulty reading this code, you can make the text larger by pressing the zero key when the RESPONSE is displayed.
2. The talking card reader
ING also has a talking card reader for online banking with Home'Bank and Business'Bank. It reads out what you enter yourself and what you need to enter.
You can obtain this card reader and a set of earphones completely free of charge in one of 2 ways:
- By calling us on +32 2 464 60 04. We can be contacted Mondays to Fridays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- By visiting your ING branch.
Instructions for using the ING talking card reader
Using a talking card reader from another bank
Even if you prefer using a talking card reader from another bank compatible with our own e-banking services, you still have the opportunity to register as a Home'Bank and/or Business'Bank user with a visual impairment. We can then adapt certain settings in order to meet your needs.
Please let us know by calling us on + 32 2 464 60 04 (Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
Do you have limited mobility?
ING's vision on accessibility
We are constantly working to improve access to our services to allow all our customers to manage their personal and professional banking with the same level of comfort and convenience.
In addition to the adapted services mentioned above, ING also strives to maximise the legibility of our bank cards and the accessibility of our websites.
- Notches for convenience. All ING debit and credit cards will have a notch or cut-out on one edge to make it easier for you to tell which end goes into an ATM.
- Laser engraving for tactile use. Our debit cards feature tactile laser engraving to help you determine which way it’s facing and distinguish it from your credit card by touch.
- High-contrast lettering for enhanced visibility. Your ING debit card features high-contrast lettering to make it easier for you to read the information it contains.
Home'Bank and Business'Bank
Card readers that are easy for everyone to use
Our card reader has been specially designed to ensure maximum ease of use:
- High-contrast lettering for enhanced visibility.
- Easy-to-press keys.
- Intuitive button names. E.g. SIGN and IDENTIFY instead of M1, M2, etc.
- Longer display times. You can view your RESPONSE code for up to 90 seconds, simply by pressing any key on your ING Card Reader
Do you need help using Home'Bank and/or Business'Bank?
You are also welcome to make an appointment at one of our branches for personalised assistance.
Adapted security procedures
The security procedures for logging into Home'Bank or Business'Bank may present difficulties for users of screen readers.
We have therefore developed a modified login procedure for users of talking card readers, which still provides the same level of security.
The headings of paragraphs, lists, hyperlinks and buttons are all written in the clearest and most straightforward manner possible to help you navigate your way through our e-banking services to help you find exactly what you are looking for without getting lost.
We welcome your feedback
We are constantly working to improve our services, and as such we welcome your suggestions and comments. You can provide feedback to us in any of the three following ways:
- By telephone on + 32 2 464 60 04 (Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- Via chat when making an online application.
- At your nearest branch, which is easy to find online.