ING basic banking service account
Open a current account with limited services
This regulated current account for private use offers limited services for a fixed charge. All persons aged 18 or over who satisfy the eligibility criteria are entitled to this service.
A Bancontact and Maestro debit card will enable you to pay and make cash withdrawals in euro free of charge, throughout geographical Europe only.
Transactions online or in branch
Do your banking on your computer, smartphone, tablet and/or at an ING branch. It is not possible, however, to go below zero on this account.
Online account statements
You will receive your account statements via Home'Bank: the easy online banking.
To open this account, you must:
- be a physical person (i.e. an individual, not a company)
- be of legal age
- live in the European Union
Have no more than 6,000 euros in cumulated annual credit balance (on any other bank accounts you may hold, either at ING or elsewhere).
In the event of a false statement or if the terms and conditions of this account are not met, ING reserves the right to terminate the account without notice.
The fee for the basic banking service account is fixed by law. Each year, the maximum price is adapted to the consumer price index.
The charge is equal to 15.17 euros. This value covers the maintaining of your account and a limited number of manual operations.
For further information, please refer to the Charges applied to the main banking services and transactions for private use (PDF), the Fee Information Document - ING basic bank service account (PDF) and the General Banking Regulations (PDF).
This account can only be opened in an ING branch.
Please note that there can only be one authorised account holder and no authorised mandate holders.
- the General Regulations for banking transactions (including the ING Client Services, Home’Bank/Business’Bank, Extrabranch Mobility, e-ID for Branch, Payconiq for ING BE and Belgian Mobile Identity for ING BE) (PDF)
- the ING Banking Terms and Conditions (PDF)
- the Special Regulations for Payment Transactions (PDF)
- the General Conditions of the ING Debit Card (PDF)
- the Charges Applied to the Main Banking Services and Transactions for private use (PDF)
- the Fee Information Document - ING basic bank service account (PDF)
- the Privacy Statement for ING Belgium nv/sa
- the Deposits protection information sheet (PDF)t
- the General information regarding accounts and cards (PDF)
ING Belgium NV/SA – Bank/Lender – Marnixlaan/Avenue Marnix 24, B-1000 Brussels – RLP Brussels – VAT: BE 0403.200.393 - BIC: BBRUBEBB – IBAN: BE45 3109 1560 2789 – www.ing.be – Contact us via ing.be/contact – Insurance broker, registered with the FSMA under the number 0403.200.393.
- Which current account for me?
- Compare and choose
- Want your salary paid into your ING account?
- Download the form and send it to your employer.
- Manage your accounts online?
- Discover how easy it can be with ING!
- Transfer your standing orders and direct debits?
- Simply fill in this form and we'll do the rest.