How do I close my ING account?
Discover the different ways to close your current account or your savings account as private customer or self-employed.
Are you sure you want to close your account?
For your private account, discover the extra services automatically attached to it. They make a real difference to your budget as they help you save up to 500 euros a year !
You are a self-employed customer? Discover again the advantages from your ING professional current account, with among others: unlimited mandates holders, an international bank card, free withdrawals from ATMs throughout the euro zone.
What do I need to do before closing my account?
- Make sure you download all your account statements that you might need via your Home'Bank or Business'Bank before the account closure, because it won't be available afterwards.
- Transfers from your savings account are only possible to your current account. If you intend to close both, close your savings account first. When this is confirmed and the remaining balance has been credited to your current account, you can submit the request to close your current account online.
- Transfer first the balance of your current account exceeding 30 euros to another account before the online closure request.
Can I close my account online?
Your savings accounts can be closed via your ING Banking app by clicking on the tab Services > accounts or via your Home'Bank/Business'Bank.
Your current account can be closed via your ING Banking app or your Home'Bank/Business'Bank if these 5 conditions are all met:
- You need to hold a mandate for the general management of the account.
- No product linked to your account except a credit card on your own name and/or an ING Cash Reserve.
- The balance is positive and lower than 1 500 euros.
- You have another Belgian account to transfer any remaining funds.
- You must have a valid e-mail address.
Simply use your ING Banking App by clicking on the tab Services > accounts or your Home'Bank/Business'Bank.
What if I cannot close my current account online?
We have three solutions for you:
As a private customer, take contact with the other bank to know what to do. They will take care about everything.
This service is not available for the ING professional current account.
The balance on your account is lower than 30 euros?
And there is only one product linked to your account like a credit card, an ING Cash Reserve, an insurance or some investments but no mortgages?
Then you can call us via your ING Banking app. You can also find back the phone number on the bottom of this page.
Does your account not meet the conditions to be closed online or via our client services?
The balance on your account is higher than 30 euros and you are not able to transfer it to another account via your ING Banking app or Home'Bank/Business'Bank?
And/or you have a mortgage or several products linked to your account like a credit card, a ING Cash Reserve, an insurance or some investments?
Then book an appointment in your branch here.
Looking for some help?
Can't find what you're looking for? We'll be happy to assist you! Give us a call via the menu 'Services' in your ING Banking app or on +32 2 464 60 04. Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.