Special offer: Red Devils kit until 30/04/2021*
ING Lion Account
Open an online and mobile current account!
An ING Lion Account saves you valuable time, letting you do your daily banking wherever and whenever it suits you. Open this current account and activate the ING Banking app before 30/04/2021 to get your Red Devils kit.*
Open and manage your account online, package of basic services, providing one debit card per account holder, cash withdrawals in euro at an ING Self'Bank in Belgium
A lot more than just a current account
Enjoy a whole host of other benefits including in-branch advice.
Anyone can open an online payment account provided:
- you are aged 18 or over
- you have an e-mail address we can use to contact you if necessary.
Discover our current account for under 18.
The ING Lion Account contains a package of services to help you manage your money better. You can carry out your daily banking transactions yourself exclusively online.
- An ING Lion Account for 1 account holder. Maximum 2 account holders per ING Lion Account.
- Providing one debit card per account holder: Bancontact, Maestro and contactless payments. Use the debit card for all your transactions and payments. Cash withdrawals in euro are free throughout every ING Self’Bank in Belgium.
- One solution for all your needs wherever and whenever it suits you.
- Do your transactions at home or on the move from your computer, smartphone or tablet, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Count on expert advice from any of our branches. Or call our help desk on +32 464 60 04 Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- View and/or print your account statements at home on your computer.
- Ever more comprehensive banking services that keep pace with the latest developments in digital technology. Need an example?
- Check your balance without signing via the ING Banking app
- Have access to an exhaustive “service menu” where you can request different services and products like there are: opening of new account, modify your debitcard limits, creation of a standing order....and much more!
- Do you also have an account with another bank?
- Want to move your payments to your new ING Lion Account? All you have to do is move all your banking transactions to ING. That’s it! Choose a date for the switch and we will take care of everything. All your bills will continue to be paid. ING will make sure the money ends up in your ING account.
- Want to have your salary paid into your new account? Simply fill in and send this form to your employer.
- The package of the ING Lion Account is free for the first account holder.
- Charges for the main additional services:
- Second account holder: 10 euro/year
- Cash withdrawals in euro from a non-ING Belgium Self'Bank: 0,50 euro/withdrawal
- Replacement debit card (following loss or theft): 9,99 euro/card
- From January 1 2021 onwards, a negative interest of -0,50% on annual basis is applied on the balance above 1,000,000.00 euros.
Do you want more products and services?
The ING Lion Account is a current account that you manage online, exclusively in euros, for private individuals over the age of 18 who have full legal capacity and have an e-mail address. Online applications to open an account via www.ing.be are reserved solely for private individuals residing in Belgium at the time of the application.
- Maximum two ING Lion Accounts per person.
- A maximum of two holders are authorised per ING Lion Account (no mandate holders allowed). ING always considers joint account holders as indivisible. For unincorporated associations (i.e. without legal personality), ING offers the ING Green Account at its branches.
*Offer valid upon opening a first ING Lion Account current account (subject to prior acceptance by ING Belgium and mutual agreement) between 22/03/2021 and 30/04/2021, and by activating the ING Banking app during the same period. Offer reserved for private individuals over the age of 18 who are not yet holders (or joint holders) of a current account with ING Belgium on 22/03/2021. The offer is limited to one gift code per current account (whether it is opened in the name of one or more account holders) and per person (only one person can benefit from the code for one account opened in their name). A gift voucher with a value of 100 points valid until 12 June 2021 for us on the partner website www.footballmadness.be will be sent by e-mail within 10 working days of opening the account, provided the ING Banking app has been downloaded and activated during this period of time. This offer cannot be combined with any other ING offer for the same service. Customers taking part in the campaign will be able to use the voucher to select one or more of the following gift(s) in the Red Devils colours: 30,000 scarves, 10,000 Red mascots (100 points), 10,000 footballs (60 points), 10,000 caps (40 points) and 2,700 supporters kits (containing a Red mascot, a scarf, a tri-colour make-up kit and a sheet of tattoos) (100 points), subject to availability. A scarf in the official colours of the Red Devils will be automatically added to each shipment.
The ING Lion Account is a current account exclusively in euros for private individuals over the age of 18 who have full legal capacity and have an e-mail address. Online applications to open an account via ing.be are reserved solely for private individuals residing in Belgium at the time of application. Maximum two ING Lion Accounts per person. Maximum of two authorised account holders per ING Lion Account and no mandate holders allowed (the addition of a second account holder incurs a charge). If there are two account holders, each holder has the same administrative powers and signs alone for his or her transactions (including closure of the account). For de facto associations (in other words, those without legal personality), ING offers the ING Green Account through its branches.
The ING Lion Account is a current account that you manage online. It can be applied for at ing.be, via smartphone or via Home’Bank, and it is opened free of charge after signing the account opening document online or at an ING branch. All applications for an ING Lion Account are subject to approval by ING Belgium S.A./N.V. and by mutual agreement. There are no fees for maintaining the account nor for cash withdrawals in euro from cash dispensers of ING Belgium. There is an annual charge for the 2nd account holder. From January 1 2021 onwards, a negative interest of -0,50% on annual basis is applied on the balance above 1,000,000.00 euros. Fees are subject to change with prior notice.
The terms, conditions, rates for transactions and the Fee Information Document are available at ing.be, from all ING branches or by calling +32 2 464 60 04.
Read the General Regulations for banking transactions (including the ING Client Services, Home’Bank/Business’Bank, Extrabranch Mobility, e-ID for Branch, Payconiq for ING BE and Belgian Mobile Identity for ING BE), the ING Banking Terms and Conditions, the Special Regulations for Payment Transactions, the General Conditions of the ING Debit Card, the Charges Applied to the Main Banking Services and Transactions for private use, Fee Information Document - ING Lion Account (PDF), List of authorised transactions for each co-holder, Privacy Statement for ING Belgium nv/sa, Deposits protection information sheet and the General information regarding accounts and cards.
ING Belgium NV/SA – Bank/Lender – Marnixlaan/Avenue Marnix 24, B-1000 Brussels – RLP Brussels – VAT: BE 0403.200.393 - BIC: BBRUBEBB – IBAN: BE45 3109 1560 2789 – www.ing.be – Contact us via ing.be/contact – Insurance broker, registered with the FSMA under the number 0403.200.393.
How do you get started?
New client? Take your eID. Already a client? Log in via Home'Bank and receive your account number immediately.
Fill in the application form in less than 10 minutes.
We will get in touch
You will receive an e-mail once your application is processed.
- Which current account for me?
- Compare and choose
- Want your salary paid into your ING account?
- Download the form and send it to your employer.
- Modify your payment and withdrawal limits?
- Change your debit card limits online via Home'Bank!
- Manage your accounts online?
- Discover how easy it can be with ING!
- Transfer your standing orders and direct debits?
- Simply fill in this form and we'll do the rest.