Choose ING as your primary bank
And have your income paid into your ING account
Your primary bank is one you turn to at every key stage of your life, so it is important to choose one that offers you the services best suited to your needs.
Easy to manage
Centralise your income into your ING current account and simplify the management of your finances.
Sending money in euro (SEPA) from your ING current account to other banks is instant and free.
With the ING Smart Banking app you can check your account balance and send money in euro (SEPA) between your own accounts or to a third party account.
Thanks to ING+ deals, you can enjoy discounts on your purchases from a wide range of partner brands.
Enter our exclusive contests in the ING Smart Banking app for your chance to win tickets to a concert or a football match.
Using the bank switching service, the holder of a bank account or accounts can transfer their payment orders, which are executed on the former payment account, to the new payment account.
The holder of a bank account or accounts can also request the settlement of the former payment account.
The holder of a bank account or accounts can choose from the following options as part of the bank switching service:
- the transfer of all payment orders.
- the transfer of all payment orders and the settlement of the former payment account.
- the provision of information to creditors of direct debits in euro (SEPA) and/or payers of recurring incoming money transfers in euro (SEPA).
- the settlement of the former payment account (without transferring the payment orders).
In theory, this is covered by the bank switching service (see "payment order").
However, if you wish, you can make the switch yourself by communicating the number of your ING current account to your employer or payment agency.
No. The new bank will implement the bank switching service and get in contact with the former bank.
In the context of bank switching, this refers to payment orders that have to be executed on the former payment account and that belong to one of the categories listed below:
- active direct debits in euro (SEPA) for which at least one effective direct debit has been executed within the last thirteen months before the starting date.
- standing payment orders.
- sending money in euro (SEPA) set up for a future execution date.
- recurring incoming money transfers in euro (SEPA): i.e. transfers that meet one of the following criteria within the last thirteen months before the starting date:
- the reference in the money transfer begins with /A/, /B/ or /C/; or
- at least six money transfers, effected by the same payer, within the last thirteen months before the starting date, except for transfers from a current account in the account holder’s name.
The account holder may enter the bank switching date on the request form. This bank switching date falls at the earliest on the tenth (10th) bank working day and at the latest one (1) month after the starting date after the date on which the new bank receives the request form duly completed and signed by the holder of the bank account(s).
Payments will be transferred on the date you have chosen. There will therefore be no interruptions to your payments.
The bank switching service as such is free for the holder of (a) bank account(s).
Transfer for free your payments to ING
Take advantage of the bank switching serviceFill in the form