ING Smart Banking
Manage your personal and business accounts on your tablet!
ING Smart Banking is an application that lets you manage banking activities from your tablet, such as payments, internet shopping and opening a savings account. Your mobile bank is highly secure, free and easy to use and available anywhere.
Manage your accounts anytime and anywhere with your mobile bank and the ING Smart Banking app: from your sofa or on the train, for example.
Intuitive and user-friendly
No instructions are needed: our app for tablet is so simple to use that you will find your way around in no time at all.
A highly secure system
Create your profile with the help of your card reader From then on, a 6-digit code is all you need to connect to the app.
Keep control of your budget
With the "My budget" module, your income and expenditure are categorised and illustrated in the form of charts, so you can see at a glance where your money is going!
Personal and business accounts
View your balances, make payments (even when several signatures are required) or make an appointment at a branch... your bank is never far away!
The ING Smart Banking app for smartphone can be used by all ING customers who are:
You can install and use ING Smart Banking on tablets with access to the internet. The tablet must also be a model compatible with our app, such as:
- the iPad 2, iPad Mini and later models, using iOS 6.0 or higher
- a tablet operated by Android 4.0 or higher.
First, download and install ING Smart Banking on your tablet. Have your ING card reader and your bank card to hand, as you will need these to create your profile. And when you have done so, you can use your mobile bank via the tablet app!
- Download ING Smart Banking:
- Go to www.ing.be/ipad with your iPad, or search directly for "ING Smart Banking" in the App Store.
- Go to wwww.ing.be/androidtablet with your tablet, or search directly for "ING Smart Banking" in Google Play.
- ING Smart Banking for tablet is available for all Belgian ING accounts, in 4 languages and in 10 countries. To find out which Apple App Stores and Google Play Stores it is available in check our frequently asked questions.
- Still not convinced? Not yet an ING client? Download the app, try our interactive demo and become an ING client!
- Creating your profile: Once you have installed the app, you can create your ING Smart Banking profile using your ING Card Reader, your bank card and your Home'Bank/Business'Bank password. You also need to choose a 6-digit profile code. You will use this code to log in and confirm future payments. It is possible to create several profiles on a number of different devices. This can be useful if, e.g., you want to have a profile for your personal accounts and one for your business accounts.
- Accounts and beneficiaries: As soon as your profile has been created, your accounts and beneficiaries automatically become available in ING Smart Banking. You can edit these details by going to your settings. Does the icon in the "Mobile Banking" column appear in orange? This means your account is available in the application. A grey icon next to an account indicates that the account is not available in Mobile Banking.
- Payments: You can make payments between your own accounts, to beneficiaries you have saved in Home'Bank or Business'Bank and any other account in Europe which is in the SEPA zone. Having trouble making payments? Check your payment preferences in the app's settings. Payments to saved beneficiaries and other accounts must be ticked.
You can do most of your banking with the ING Smart Banking app for tablet.
- See a summary of all your finances at ING
- The home screen shows you an overview of your ING financial situation. See your most recent activity, income and expenditure for the previous month compared to the current month, and a quarterly evolution of the funds you hold with ING.
- Keep your budget under control
- The clear and dynamic charts provided give you a complete picture of your income and expenditure each month. They are divided into distinct categories: family, health, borrowing, insurance, transport, etc. You can easily change the category of a transaction if you wish.
- Manage your personal and business accounts
- You can view the balances and history of your current accounts and savings accounts for personal and professional use, as well as your private credit cards.
- Make payments
- You can transfer funds to your own accounts and to any European bank account (located in any of the SEPA countries). You may also add an execution date, in the same way as in Home'Bank or Business'Bank. In addition, you can sign for payments that require several signatures.
- Set up standing orders
- For all recurring payments and automatic payments to a savings account.
- Monitor future payments
- Under the Upcoming transactions list in your transaction history, you will see a summary of scheduled payments and their execution dates. You can also consult upcoming standing order payments and even delete scheduled transactions with a future execution date.
- Open an account or savings plan
- Open a new savings account or pension plan in just a few clicks via the app.
- Search your transactions
- You can find your payments quickly using the search function.
- Send your account number by e-mail
- Want to request funds from, e.g., a friend who owes you money? You can e-mail your friend your account number from the app and add a personal message.
- Rename an account
- You can give your accounts any name you wish, such as "Joint account", "Emily's first savings account", etc. These new names will also appear in Home'Bank and Business'Bank.
- Find your nearest ING branch and make an appointment
- Instantly find your nearest branch and book an appointment at that branch. You can also add a reminder for the appointment to your personal calendar.
- A unique profile that identifies you
- Once the application is installed, you create a profile using your ING Card Reader and your Home'Bank or Business'Bank password. To do so, you must choose a profile code known only to you. You will use this code in future to log on and confirm the payments you make. If you do not yet have an ING Card Reader, apply for one online.
- Mobile Banking uses a secure system
- Use of the app is secured by your profile code, which is known only to you. Your transactions are protected by the highly secure technology used by Home'Bank and Business'Bank. Want to know what you can do to maximise your security? Read our tips for secure mobile banking here.
- Top 10 precautions to take during transactions on your tablet .
- Protecting your details on our banking apps: everything you need to know.
Delete your Smart Banking profiles immediately. Your accounts will no longer be accessible on your tablet.
The quickest ways to do this are to:
- Log in to Home'Bank or Business'Bank. In the top right-hand corner of the home page under your name, select the option "Mobile Banking Settings". On this page, click on "Action" and select "Delete profile". If you wish to delete all of your profiles, select "Delete all profiles".
- Call us on +32 2 464 60 04 from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday to Friday or 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays. This number is also printed on the reverse of your bank card. One of our employees will help you delete your profile.
Note that you can create a new profile at any time, either on a new device or on your old one, if you find it again.
Download and install the app
from the App Store or Google PlayDonload ING Smart Banking
Create your profile code
... using your card reader and bank card
Use ING Smart Banking
Control your budget and carry out transfers, etc.