Moving to Belgium
Set up your banking requirements before you even arrive!
At ING you can set up your basic banking needs before you have even set foot in Belgium. You’ll be able to use everything right from day one. If you need help in setting up your accounts, cards and insurance, or you have a question, just fill in the form and we will contact you back.
Ready before you arrive
Our dedicated team of experts at the ING Expat Contact Centre offer personalised assistance and advice at any point from before you arrive until after your departure.
Free seminars and workshops
ING organises information sessions to help expats settle into their life in Belgium. Stay informed about our events via our quarterly newsletter.
*The preparation of current account, bank card, credit card and insurance coverage.
Planning to rent a house or apartment during your stay? In Belgium, owners typically ask for a rental guarantee to cover the cost of any repairs that may be required in the event of damage. ING not only offers an easy and secure facility for paying your guarantee but even has specially designed insurance to cover your liability as a tenant. So you can rest easy, starting with your first night at your new address!
- Rental guarantee: we can open a blocked savings account for you in your name on which the guarantee is deposited. Which means you continue to earn interest on the full amount.
- Home insurance for tenants: we cover your liability as a tenant with comprehensive home and fire insurance.
Need an account in multiple currencies that also includes transactions at your branch? Want to be able to do your banking whenever and wherever you want? ING has 2 accounts perfectly adapted to the needs of expats, complete with payment card.
- ING Green Account: our classic current account in multiple currencies and for multiple account holders, enabling both online and in-branch transactions.
- ING Lion Account: our free online current account for those who prefer to manage their money entirely online and/or via mobile.
- ING bank card: your current account automatically comes with a bank card which will be waiting for you on arrival at your chosen branch.
Naturally, you will want to offer your family, home and/or possessions optimal protection during your stay. Which is why ING offers a full range of insurance options with very competitive premiums.
- Home and family insurance: the most comprehensive and unlimited insurance cover with multiple extra guarantees for your family and your home.
- Travel insurance: a weekend away to the Belgian coast or Ardennes? or a trip around the world? With ING, you will always travel with total peace of mind! Choose between cover in Europe or Worldwide, for 1 trip or for a whole year, with or without vehicle cover.
- Life insurance: a broad range of insurance policies which protect the financial future of your family in the event of your death in Belgium.
Want to be able to make payments and withdraw money with ease? Wherever and whenever you wish? Make your choice from our 3 ING credit cards.
- ING Visa Classic: the standard and most accepted credit card in the world.
- ING Card: the flexible credit card that lets you make repayments at your own pace.
- ING MasterCard Gold: the exclusive credit card with a high spending limit and 6 free insurance policies included.