The app for secure identification
itsme is an app that lets you access a range of services by confirming your identity safely and securely.
In just a few months, you will be able to confirm your identity using your smartphone, letting you log in to Home'Bank and sign your transactions. The mobile alternative to the conventional card reader!
Your unique mobile identity is created using data from your electronic identity card (eID) which is linked to that of your smartphone SIM card.
itsme can also be used to verify your identity for a range of other services: e.g. government online services, webshops, etc. The full list of these services is available on the itsme.be website.
Want to create an itsme account? Watch our video and learn how to download, install and set up your itsme account via ING.
- Log in to Home'Bank
- Check your personal and contact data. They should match those on your eID
- Sign to approve your data being shared with Belgian Mobile ID
- Download and open the itsme app and follow the instructions to create your itsme account
- In the itsme app, enter the identification token you receive from Home'Bank
- Follow the instructions in the itsme app
Belgian Mobile ID is a consortium that brings together Belgium's leading banks and mobile telecom providers. These major digital players have joined forces to create the Belgian reference in the fields of mobile identity and digital privacy.
The itsme app is the result of their research. It allows all Belgian citizens with a smartphone and an identity card to log in securely to a number of sites and apps that require digital interaction.
itsme provides each Belgian citizen with a unique and secure mobile identity. Such that there can no longer be any doubt about the identity of the person trying to enter a secure site or sign a transaction or electronic document online.
In just a few months, itsme will become the secure key for users wishing to log in to Home'Bank or sign transactions without using their bank card or ING card reader.
- Be over 18 years old
- Hold a Belgian electronic identity card
- Have a Belgian mobile number
- Have a laptop equipped with an Apple or Android operating system
- Only 1 account per person and per mobile phone number
- Your unique mobile identity is created on the basis of the data on your eID card which is then linked to that of your smartphone SIM card.
- The application meets all privacy and data protection standards.
- All actions must be confirmed with your unique 5-digit code.
- Block your itsme account (use logo) via Home'Bank. Once the account is blocked, it will no longer be able to be used to access any of the services you had linked to your itsme account.
- We also recommend that you block your ING Smart Banking account.
- You can block your itsme account via www.itsme.be or Home'Bank.