BeyondVerbal analyses the emotions of customers to better understand customer satisfaction.More info
A UNIQUE BUSINESS LAUNCHPAD
An intensive 16-week programme to confront great tech concepts with the reality of a top tier bank. The fastest way to pilot your technology and move to a commercial relationship if successful.
“Not sure how to call this type of programme but it is definitely better than all I’ve seen, even in The Valley.”
Jordan Brandt, US co-founder & CEO Inpher, cohort FinTech Village 2017
START YOUR JOURNEY
Discover the main drivers of success and ways to boost your chances of being selected to the programme
What’s in it for you?
Real life testing & tuning
Depending upon the development stage of your solutions, we will team up to conduct:
- a Proof of Concept to make sure that your technology works in the complex and regulated environment of a top tier bank, and/or
- a Proof of Value to measure the business impact of your solutions and its value. This will provide you with more experience and enable you to tune your solution for even more relevance and impact…and ultimately to sign a contract with ING.
“Is it worth it? Sure. Do what it takes to enter this programme and do a Proof of Concept with ING!”
Nir Nehmad, Israelian founder Nummularii, cohort FinTech Village 2017
Seasoned entrepreneurs & VCs will let you benefit from their hands-on experience by sharing their tips & tricks. We also fly in world-class executive professors who will grill you to sharpen your business and innovation skills (value proposition, pricing, UX…). Our aim is to better equip you with the skills & tools needed to accelerate your growth and continue to improve your solution and your go-to-market.
“17 years in business and still I’ve learned quite a lot!”
Geert Roete, Belgian co-founder Infinity Mobile, cohort FinTech Village 2017
Is it something for you?
Definitively if you can tick all of the 3 following boxes:
Your solution addresses one of our following challenges?
- “Personal bank”: extremely digital solutions that allow us to be extremely personal with our customers.
- “Secure bank”: user-friendly robust authentication & secure connection.
- “Efficient bank”: 10X efficiency gains through new and simple ways of working.
- “Beyond banking”: disruptive ways to produce, distribute and/or deliver financial services that go beyond banking as we know.
You will commit to do what is required to succeed. This includes assigning the right resources to be present in Brussels 2-3 days every second week for a mix of masterclasses and Proof of Concept / Proof of Value workshops
You have a good understanding of what you want to test and validate at FinTech Village through Proof of Concept / Proof of Value.
“It is quite an investment in time but what a return.” Guy Leroy, French co-founder and CEO of Minalea, cohort FinTech Village 2017
We are looking for outstanding teams with great ideas capable of solving one of the challenges mentioned above. Of course, if you have something really innovative or disruptive that goes beyond the bounds of these challenges, do not hesitate to surprise us.
- A dedicated lead sponsor at senior level that will work closely with you on the design and execution of your Proof of Concept / Proof of Value.
- A tailor-made programme focusing on the relevant learnings you need to move forward.
- A personalized team of mentors and sponsors from ING and our external partners to support your progress and provide access to the expertise and networks we have available.
- A dedicated office space (including internet access, desk and meeting space) at B-Hive for the full duration of the programme as well as travel & accommodation for up to 3 members of the international teams.
“It is amazing to see the commitment level of our ING sponsor and its team. They really do what’s needed for us to succeed.”
Maarten Decat, Belgian co-founder Elimity, cohort FinTech Village 2017
How can you boost your chances?
The sooner you apply the sooner we can start up the discussions with potential sponsors and mentors on what a Proof of Concept or Proof of Value could look like. As such, an early application not only increases the chances of being selected but if selected it will also be beneficial to the success of the programme itself.
Please make sure that the following information in your application really is compelling:
- Evidence of your market credibility, potential commercial successes and other endorsements, particularly those from key figures in the financial sector, venture capitalists, etc.
- Details of the progress you have made so far with your prototypes and solutions.
- Your vision on the key hypotheses you would like to test as a next stage of your development.
We do not expect you to be perfect, but to be eager to learn, take things on and make it happen!
What is the timeline?
Timeline FinTech Village 2018
Kick-off online applications
Closing date applications
Selection of short list
Kick-off Fintech Village and tailor-made programme
Meet our FinTech Village inhabitants and hear what they have to say about the programme
Discover the experience of our 2017 cohort
Warning: depending on connection speed, you may experience long loading times
“The innovation process created by entrepreneurs needs the execution capability of a major enterprise to truly scale. And it makes for a great marriage. So that’s what we are doing here at FinTech Village. It’s really looking for ways and opportunities to enable the entrepreneurs to scale their venture and the enterprise to embrace that innovation.”
Adjunct Professor, Emeritus
University of California, Berkeley
Meet our 2017 cohort
The mentors & sponsors
Each startup will be assigned a dedicated team of mentors and sponsors.
We have an open model with multiple strong partners and access to their respective networks.
The ING FinTech Village is an initiative powered by ING Belgium in strong collaboration with ING Luxembourg, ING Netherlands, the ING Group and other key partners.
ING Belgium SA/NV provides a comprehensive range of financial products and services for its customers via an equally diverse range of distribution channels. It is a full subsidiary of ING Bank NV, servicing 32 million private, corporate and institutional customers in more than 40 countries in Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia and Australia.
ING has a long-standing history of innovation, including the straightforward, customer-centric approach of ING Direct, among many others.
Answers to some of your frequently asked questions.
- How do I apply?
You can apply by clicking the ‘apply now’ button on this page. It will link you to a questionnaire on www.F6S.com. Finalizing this questionnaire will mean you have officially applied. In any case, you will receive news from us on the next steps.
- What kinds of startups is FinTech Village targeting?
We are looking for technology-driven startups that offer solutions relevant for financial institutions and/or which can help us provide superior financial services to our customers. Target participants are either startups that are close to the Proof of Concept stage, with the intention that they can conduct a Proof of Concept or pilot with ING and/or FinTech Village Partners to further fine tune their technology ; either scale-ups that are already in the commercial phase but that want to expand into a completely new way for them and learn from a collaboration with a top tier bank such as ING.
- How many companies will be selected?
We will host between 7 and 10 startups. The exact number is less important than the qualitative considerations. Our aim is to select great teams with great ideas for whom our programme can make a substantial difference.
- WHAT ARE THE SELECTION CRITERIA?
The most important criterion for us is your team. To increase your chances of being selected, our best advice is that you build a team with the right mix of experience, skills and mind-set. In addition to that, the sooner you apply, the sooner we can bring you into contact with potential mentors to discuss the potential of a collaboration. We suggest that you make as much progress as possible towards a workable Proof of Concept and/or clearly define a testing or validation objective.
Logistics and admin
De Kleetlaan 5A