What to do if you suspect fraud or misuse?
- Online security
- Protection against fraude
- Blocking bank cards
Do you think you have been the victim of fraud? If so, you should take several steps to protect yourself.
- Your bank cards: cancel all your bank cards straight away by calling Card Stop on 070 344 344.
- Home'Bank or Business'Bank: change or block your codes.
- Police: report the incident to the police and pass on the police report number to your branch.
What can you do?
- Have you lost your bank card or has it been stolen?
Cancel your bank cards by calling Card Stop on 070 344 344 (or +32 70 344 344 from abroad). Your telephone conversation will be recorded automatically and used as evidence in case of a dispute.
Make sure you give your branch your reference number or the police report number. This is essential if you want to claim compensation in the case of card fraud.
- Do you suspect your Home'Bank or Business'Bank has been misused?
Block your Home'Bank, Business'Bank and Phone'Bank subscriptions straight away by calling +32 2 464 60 04. This service is available 24 hours a day. Keep your ING ID, printed on your bank card, at hand.
- Have you received a suspicious message?
Send a copy of the message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Is your ING Card Reader lost or stolen? You can only access your banking details using your bank card, or your ING Home'Bank Card, together with your PIN code and password. This means peace of mind if your ING Card Reader is lost or stolen. In order to continue using the online services in complete security, you must order a new ING Card Reader. To do so, please visit www.ing.be, drop by your ING branch, use a Self'Bank, or telephone 02 464 60 04.
Obligations, liability and security regulations
- Obligations of the Home’Bank and Business'Bank user (Section 6 - page 29)
- Obligations of ING regarding security (Section 7 - page 31)
- Liabilities of the parties (Section 8 - page 32)
- Security regulations for using Home’Bank and Business'Bank (Appendix)