ING Lion Travel Stop
What is ING Lion Travel Stop insurance?
It is a complete travel cancellation insurance policy for you, your friends and family. Both in Belgium and abroad (except for countries at war).
Who is it for?
Any private individual whose residence is in Belgium, or who normally resides in Belgium (at least 180 days per year).
The beneficiaries may be:
- the policy holder
- the policy holder's family, that is to say anyone who lives under the same roof as the policy holder
- single children of the policyholder who, after their parents' divorce, live elsewhere in Belgium but come to visit the policy holder as long as they are dependent on the insured party or divorced partner for tax purposes
- the insured party's (great) grandchildren or their insured partner, as long as they are accompanying the insured party on their trip or travel
- any other person accompanying you (temporary policy)
The travel cancellation insurance must be taken out at least 30 days prior to the scheduled departure date or on the day the trip is booked.
The policy may be:
- the annual policy takes effect immediately (preferable) or on the date you are selected (which can be the date and time of your taking out the policy at the earliest)
- The contract’s duration is 1 year after which it will be tacitly renewed each year.
- The temporary contract always provides immediate cover for your trips.
- The policy ends on the date you selected when you took out the policy (date of return from travel). Your trip cannot last more than 28 days. If it does last more than 28 days, take out an annual policy, which is in many cases more beneficial in terms of premium.
Do you have to cancel or interrupt your trip?
- Fill in the statement of claim and send it to the address mentioned.
- Send us the documentary proof of your costs if you had to cancel your trip, or the documentary proof of your costs for the unused days if you had to interrupt your trip.
- Bring proof that you fall into one of the cases covered by our travel cancellation insurance policy.
The price of your travel cancellation insurance policy varies according to the choices you make (alone or with a family, Europe or entire world).
|Annual insurance – worldwide|
|You alone||EUR 113|
|You and your family||EUR 158|
|In Europe||EUR 30 per person|
|Worldwide||EUR 68 per person|
Daily tariff - including fees and taxes
Are you interested in a cancellation insurance?
- Apply online.
- Make an appointment now at an ING branch of your choice.
- Calculate your premium online.
- Take a look at the general terms and conditions of the temporary policy (PDF), the general terms and conditions of the annual policy (PDF), the information sheet for the temporary policy (PDF) and the the information sheet for the annual policy (PDF).
- Legal information
Inter Partner Assistance SA/nv, insurance company authorised under code number 0487.
Registered office: Avenue Louise 166, PB 1, B-1050 Brussels – Brussels Register of Companies – VAT BE 0415.591.055.
www.ip-assistance.be – BIC: BBRUBEBB – IBAN: BE66 3630 8057 8243.
Insurance agentING Belgium SA/nv, an insurance broker registered with the FSMA under the code number 12381A.
Registered office: avenue Marnix 24, B-1000 Brussels – www.ing.be – Brussels RPM/RPR – VAT BE 0403.200.393.
BIC: BBRUBEBB - IBAN: BE45 3109 1560 2789.