ING Income P
Discover ING income insurance
Would you like to ensure the quality of life for your loved ones if you were to die accidentally? ING proposes ING Income P, an income insurance which provides your loved ones with a monthly payment for a whole year to help them maintain their quality of life.
No medical examination
There are no medical formalities to go through before you can apply.
You ensure additional support for your loved ones in the event of your accidental death.
Tailored to your needs
The payout is perfectly adapted to your family’s quality of life, since it is calculated on the basis of the main income, expenses and standing orders registered on your ING current account. You can find a complete list of all incoming and outgoing payments and standing orders on your account that are covered by this insurance in the General Terms and Conditions (PDF).
You choose the package which determines the amount of the compensation.
For just 24 or 45 euros per year, you can give your loved ones the peace of mind of an advance of 2,500 euros or 5,000 euros respectively.
ING Income P is an accidental death insurance product, developed by NN Insurance Belgium SA/NV under Belgian Law that is linked to your ING current account. In the event of your accidental death, your appointed beneficiary would receive a monthly payment for a period of 1 year. The amount paid is based on your account activity prior to your accidental death. Please consult the General Terms and Conditions (PDF) for a list of all incoming and outgoing payments and standing orders on your account that are covered by this insurance.
Unless an agreement has been reached to the contrary, the beneficiary who will receive the compensation will be:
- the spouse (not divorced or separated from bed and board) or legally cohabiting partner of the deceased insured party
- otherwise, the children of the deceased insured party and other descendants by way of representation
- otherwise, the descendants of the deceased insured party
- otherwise, the deceased insured party’s successors in interest.
No medical formalities are required, regardless of which option you choose.
When taking out a policy: You choose the beneficiary of the insurance policy and one of the following two packages:
- Single option: the beneficiary receives total compensation equal to the sum total of the main income (wages, family allowance, rental income, etc.) paid into and all expenditure and standing orders paid out of the current account (e.g. water, gas, electricity, rent, etc.) during the 12 months preceding the holder’s accidental death.
- Double option: as above, but the compensation paid to the beneficiary is doubled.
For a list of all incoming and outgoing payments and standing orders on your account that are covered by this insurance, please consult the General Terms and Conditions (PDF).
- The first payment will be made to the beneficiary as soon as we receive all the relevant documents certifying the accidental nature of the policyholder’s death. Depending on the option chosen, your beneficiary will receive an advance of 2,500 euros (single option) or 5,000 euros (double option).
- The remainder of the insured amount will be paid out in 11 equal monthly instalments.
- The compensation can be awarded in addition to other policies. Your beneficiaries can receive compensation from your ING Income P insurance as well as other forms of compensation (life insurance, pension savings plan, and so on).
Single Option: 24 euros per year with a minimum total compensation of 7,500 euros and a maximum of 37,500 euros. This amount is paid out in 12 monthly instalments. The first payment amount would be EUR 2,500.00.
Double option: 45 euros per year with a minimum total compensation of 15,000 euros and a maximum of 75,000 euros. This amount is paid out in 12 monthly instalments. The first payment amount would be EUR 5,000.00.
Example: Mr. Smith, an ING current account holder, takes out ING Income P insurance with his partner as his beneficiary. The income paid into the account stands at 1,500 euros per month (or 18,000 euros per year). Payments leaving the account stand at 6,500 euros per year. The total amount of transactions on the current account is therefore 24,500 euros.
In the event of Mr. Smith’s accidental death, his partner will receive the following compensation:
|Option||First monthly deposit||Subsequent 11 months||Total compensation|
11 x 2.000 euros =
11 x 4.000 euros =
Important information before you continue
What is ING Income P?
ING Income P is an accidental death insurance product, developed by NN Insurance Belgium SA/NV under Belgian Law that is linked to your ING current account. In the event of your accidental death, your appointed beneficiary would receive a monthly payment for a period of 1 year. The amount paid is based on your account activity prior to your accidental death. Please consult the General Terms and Conditions for a list of all incoming and outgoing payments and standing orders on your account that are covered by this insurance (PDF).
The main exclusions and limitations of this insurance
The guarantee ends on the annual renewal date after the insured party's 70th birthday.
The benefit paid by ING Income P is equal to the sum of the amounts referred to in the general terms and conditions (PDF), which are regularly deposited to or debited from the account during a period of 12 months preceding the date of the accidental death.
If the account was opened in the name of multiple private individuals, the payout will be reduced by dividing it by the number of co-holders insured at the time of the accident.
This insurance does not cover accidental death which occurs in the course of practicing one of the following sports: flying a private aeroplane, mountaineering, parachuting, gliding, deep-sea diving, boxing, hang gliding, flying with "ultra-light motorised" crafts and high-speed racing of any kind, skydiving or paragliding.
You can find a complete description of the insurance policies, exclusions and limitations in the General terms and conditions ING Income P (pdf), the information sheet ING Income P (pdf) and the information document about the insurance product (pdf).
Term and tax advantages
About the duration of your contract: Your ING Income P policy insures you for 1 year. Your policy is automatically renewed at maturity for an additional period of 1 year unless you provide notice of termination at least 3 months prior to the end date.
About our insurance and conflict of interest policy: You can find general information about ING Belgium SA/NV’s and the insurer NN Insurance Belgium SA/NV’s insurance offer and conflict of interest policy including inducements via www.ing.be > Charges and regulations > Information and Regulations > Insure
Not 100% satisfied?
Please contact ING Complaint Management, Cours Saint-Michel/Sint-Michielswarande 60, 1040 Brussels, call +32 2 547 61 02 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Have you already been in touch with ING? You can also contact the Insurance Ombudsman: de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, call +32 2 547 58 71 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in ING Income P?
- For all applicable terms and conditions, exclusions and limitations, please read the General Terms and Conditions (PDF) and the Information Sheet (PDF), available on www.ing.be or from all ING branch. Please read these documents before signing your policy.
- You have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the General Information on Insurance (PDF) and the statement regarding ING Belgium SA/NV’s (PDF) and the insurer’s conflict of interest policy (PDF), including inducements. This information can be consulted at any time via www.ing.be > Charges and regulations > Information and Regulations > Insure.
- Calculate how much this insurance would pay out via our calculator.
- Apply online now!
- Make an appointment at an ING branch of your choice.
ING Death Benefit Insurance is an insurance product provided, upon mutual agreement, by
- Insurance intermediary: ING Belgium SA/NV, an insurance broker registered with the FSMA under the code number 12381A. Registered office: Avenue Marnix 24, B-1000 Brussels - Brussels RPM/RPR - VAT BE 0403.200.393 - www.ing.be - BIC: BBRUBEBB - IBAN: BE45 3109 1560 2789.
- Insurer: NN Insurance Belgium SA/NV, insurance company licensed by the NBB under the number 2550 for the Branches 1a, 2, 21, 22, 23, 25 , 26. Registered office: Avenue Fonsny 38, B-1060 Brussels – RLP Brussels – VAT BE 0890.270.057. BIC BBRUBEBB – IBAN BE28 3100 7627 4220.
This insurance policy is subject to Belgian law, including the Act of 4 April 2014 regarding insurance.