Home insurance for owners
ING Home & Family Insurance by: NN Non-Life Insurance sa/nv.
Damage can be caused suddenly. Are you a homeowner and would you like to be protected? In the event of damage occurring, you will be relieved to have home insurance, which is also known as fire insurance.
Comprehensive, yet tailor-made
The price is calculated according to the surface area of your property. You can also choose additional coverage (content, theft and family insurance).
Simple, quick and online
You are insured immediately after payment.
Our staff is available day and night to advise and assist you.
Enjoy a personalized price. The calculated premium online is the same as in your ING Branch!
It is a comprehensive non-life insurance for your private home, subject to Belgian law and developed by NN Non-Life Insurance SA, a Dutch company, with attractive premiums and tailor-made cover.
ING Home Insurance is an insurance policy that covers the costs incurred for repairing or renovating your home and/or property as a result of damage. And if for example any renovations carried out by your neighbour cause a crack in your wall, we will also pay for the costs of legal assistance you may need if your neighbour refuses to accept liability.
- Home insurance: it covers damage caused by fire, smoke and soot, lightning, electrical damage, damage to glass, storm or hail, water infiltration, burst pipes or pipe leaks, oil, natural disasters, terrorism.
- Legal protection: the costs of defending your interests, such as lawyer’s fees or court costs
- Post-damage assistance day and night, even weekends
This basic cover may be extended by additional options.
- Contents: covers some damage caused to your contents (furniture, television, etc.), for example, as a result of a fire or water damage.
- Theft: only if the contents are insured, because contents Insurance covers some damage to your contents, but not damage to or loss of your contents due to a burglary or attempted burglary.
What are the main exclusions and restrictions of this insurance?
Here are a few examples:
- Caravans and houseboats are not insured (as homes)
- Contractual liability. For example, the family insurance does not cover damage to items you have rented from a rental company or have borrowed from a friend.
- Contractual legal assistance
- Damage to roof and visible drainpipes in case of damage by water infiltration through roof, gutters and drainpipes is not insured.
- For material damage below € 10,000, an exemption of € 250, applies (not indexed)
- Homes in which a professional activity is exercised are not insured, subject to exceptions that are listed in the general terms and conditions.
- You are not insured by the legal assistance insurance in the case of a dispute where your loss does not exceed € 200.
- The Theft insurance only applies if you live at the property on a regular basis (that the property was not uninhabited for more than 60 consecutive nights immediately preceding the moment that the damage occurred).
- The theft insurance only applies if outside doors and windows are shut and locked when the property is vacant. An alarm system is sometimes required to be installed and in use.
- Specific indemnity limitations may also apply for each cover. Thus, the maximum payment for valuables is € 1,602
All owners or landlords of a house or apartment for private use and all owners of entire apartment buildings, provided that they are the sole owner of the entire building.
- Calculate your premium at ing.be, via Home'Bank, by calling +32 2 407 70 00 or at your ING Branch
- Interested? Confirm your application.
- You will then receive all the necessary documents by post or email.
Do you already have fire insurance, but would like to switch to ING Home & Family Insurance for owners, developed by NN Non-Life Insurance SA? We will take care of this for you at no cost! All you need to do is provide us with the following information at least three months before your current policy expires:
- Expiry date of your current policy
- Name of your current insurance company and policy number
About the cost of the insurance policy: the cost of ING Home Insurance is fully tailored to:
- The property: is it an apartment, terraced house or detached house? What is the surface area of the property, how many rooms are there and when was it built?
- Your profile: are you the owner-occupier or the landlord? Do you have a high-value collection or do a sport which requires expensive equipment? And would you like to insure that as well? Choose the value for which you want to insure your contents and what it will cost you.
- Your options: are you insuring your property, contents or both? Would you like to include additional coverages?
You pay your home insurance once a year by transfer or direct debit. Have you chosen direct debit? If so, you can pay in monthly instalments at no extra cost.
What factors determine whether you can be insured? What exactly is covered by this insurance? What does it cost? You will find this information in our segmentation policy.
About the insurance policy term: the term of your ING Home Insurance policy is one year. Your policy is automatically renewed every year on the expiry date unless you provide notice of termination at least three months prior to the end date.
With our home insurance, managing your policy has never been so easy.
Need to make changes or cancel your policy?
- You can do so online via Home'Bank.
- By telephone: contact ING on +32 2 464 60 01 (Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- In person at an ING Branch
You can find a complete description of the insurance policies, exclusions and restrictions in the General Terms and Conditions (PDF) and in the information document about the insurance product (PDF). These documents are available at ing.be and at all ING Branches.
When taking out a policy online, a needs analysis, setting out your requirements and needs in terms of home and family insurance, will also be generated based on your needs and your choice of cover made at the time. ING will send it to you by post.
About our insurance and conflicts of interest: you can find general information about ING Belgium’s insurance and conflicts of interest policy and about the Dutch insurance company, NN Non-Life Insurance SA, at www.ing.be > Charges and regulations > Information and regulations > Insurer
Not entirely satisfied?
Not completely satisfied with the distribution of this product?
- Contact ING online: www.ing.be/complaints
- Call ING: +32 464 60 04
Not completely satisfied with your ING Home & Family Insurance?
- Contact NN online: email@example.com
- Call NN: +32 2 407 70 00;
- You can send your complaint by post to NN Complaint Management, NN Non-Life Insurance, PB 80100, 1070 Brussels, Belgium.
Complaints about the distribution or the product?
- You can also contact the Insurance Ombudsman, Square de Meeûs/de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, Belgium - Tel.: + 32 2 547 58 71 - Fax: + 32 2 547 59 75 - firstname.lastname@example.org - https://www.ombudsman.as/nl/
ING Home & Family Insurance for owners is an insurance policy subject to Belgian law and is offered subject to approval by:
- Insurance intermediary: ING Belgium SA/NV, an insurance broker, registered with the FSMA under the code number 0403200393. Registered office: Avenue Marnix 24, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium - Brussels RPM/RPR - VAT BE 0403.200.393 - www.ing.be
- Insurer: NN Non-Life Insurance NV, a Dutch incorporated company, authorised to insure risks in Belgium as an insurance company registered under the code number 1449. Registered office: Prinses Beatrixlaan 35, 2595 AK The Hague, Netherlands – Trade register number 27127537, supervised by Nederlandsche Bank.
- Representative in Belgium: NN Insurance Services Belgium SA/NV, competent in particular to settle claims for NN Non-Life Insurance NV in Belgium, insurance agent registered with the FSMA under the code number 0890270750. Registered office: Avenue Fonsny 38, B-1060 Brussels, Belgium - Brussels RPM/RPR - VAT BE 0890.270.750