ING Property Insurance for owners

Insurer: NN Non-Life Insurance SA

Are you a homeowner? Want to protect your investment? Take out ING Property Insurance now!

  • Comprehensive

    The premium is calculated based on the number of rooms in your property. You can also choose additional cover (contents, theft, etc.).

  • Discounts

    • Home under construction: up to 40% on the building cover.
    • Recent homes: up to 20% on the building cover as long as your home is younger than 7 years old.

    *The discount is immediately applied in the calculation of the premium.

  • 24-hour assistance

    Our staff is available day and night to advise and assist you. Our clients choose us for the high quality support and claim handling we guarantee when covered damage occurs.

It is a comprehensive non-life insurance policy for your private home, subject to Belgian law and developed by NN Non-Life Insurance SA, a Dutch company, with attractive premiums and customised cover. ING Property Insurance is an insurance policy that covers the costs incurred for repairing or renovating your home and/or belongings as a result of damage.

In addition, if, for example, your wall has cracked as a result of your neighbour's renovation work, and you have taken out legal protection cover (optional cover), we also pay the cost of any legal assistance you may need if your neighbour refuses to accept liability.

Basic cover :

  • fire insurance: In the event of fire, smoke and soot damage, lightning damage, electrical damage, glass breakage and broken/cracked sanitary facilities, storm or hail, water infiltration through the roof or an exterior wall, broken or leaking pipes, fuel oil, natural disasters, fire damage to parked vehicles, first assistance for faulty installation (water, electricity, heating), costs of searching for a missing child, civil liability in the home;
  • post-damage assistance: day and night, even weekends.

This basic cover may be extended by additional options.


  • Contents: covers some damage caused to your contents (furniture, television, etc.), for example, as a result of a fire or water damage.
  • Theft: can only be subscribed if the contents are insured. Theft insurance covers damage to or loss of your content as a result of a break-in or attempted break-in.
  • Garden cover including damage to swimming pools and soil decontamination.
  • ING Family Insurance: covers damage that you (and/or your cohabitants) cause to other people and for which you are liable. And it also works the other way around.
  • covers damage that you (and/or your cohabitants) cause to others and for which you are liable.
  • cover for you or your cohabiting partner due to moving to a care facility.
  • extended cover for insured claims: Up to €25,000 is covered for damage incurred by anyone attempting to protect you or your property. There is no excess in this case. Your civil liability as the parent of your minor children insured under this policy remains covered, regardless of the nature of their fault.
  • Legal protection: the costs of defending your interests, such as lawyer’s fees or court costs


  • Caravans, houseboats and chalets (considered as second homes or rented to third parties for recreational purposes) are not insured.
  • Contractual liability is not covered.
  • Contractual legal protection is not covered.
  • Damage to the roof and visible drainage pipes in the event of damage caused by water infiltration through the roof, roof gutters and drainage pipes is not covered.
  • ING Family Insurance (option):
  • damage caused by an insured person in the course of a professional activity.
  • damage to property or animals in your custody.
  • personal liability for damage caused intentionally by an insured adult.
  • your contractual liability. We do not intervene, for example, for damage to equipment you borrowed from a hire company or a friend. The exception to this rule is damage you cause during a stay in a hotel or other accommodation with hotel service, even if you are staying there for business purposes.
  • liability for which the legislation specifies an obligation to take out insurance, for example in connection with hunting or using motor vehicles, unless otherwise stated in the General Terms and Conditions.

Limits on cover:

  • For material damage under €10,000, an excess of €250 applies. This €250 is deducted from your compensation covering the damage.
  • Properties in which a professional activity is carried out, subject to the exceptions listed in the General Terms and Conditions.
  • In the event of a dispute in which you suffer damage, the legal protection cover does not apply if the value of the damage is under €200.
  • Theft insurance applies only if you regularly occupy the property (at the time of the damage, the property was not unoccupied for more than 60 consecutive nights).
  • Theft insurance only applies if the outside doors and windows were locked if you were absent. The presence and use of an alarm system is sometimes mandatory! Specific compensation restrictions may also apply to each cover. The maximum compensation for securities is €1,720.
  • ING Family Insurance (option):
  • for material damage under €10,000, an excess of €250 applies (not index-linked)!
  • the policyholder and the people living under the same roof as the policyholder, even if they are temporarily staying elsewhere, cannot receive any compensation from the family insurance policy unless the General Terms and Conditions explicitly state this.

Any ING customer who is the owner or landlord of a house or apartment occupied for private use and any owner of an entire apartment building, provided they are the sole owner of the entire building and the property is in Belgium.

The price you pay for ING Property Insurance is based on:

  • the property: is it an apartment, terraced house, detached house or apartment building? How many rooms are there and when was it built?
  • your profile: are you the owner-occupier or the landlord? Do you have a high-value collection or do a sport which requires expensive equipment? And would you like to insure that as well? Choose the value for which you want to insure your contents and what it will cost you.
  • your options: are you insuring your property, contents or both? Would you like to include additional insurance? How would you like to pay? When you complete the questionnaire, click on the info icons for further explanations. Need help? Call us on +32 2 464 60 04 on weekdays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

What factors determine whether you can be insured? What exactly is covered by this insurance? What does it cost? You will find this information in our segmentation policy.

About the insurance policy term: the term of your ING Property Insurance policy is one year. Your policy is automatically renewed every year on the expiry date, unless you provide notice of termination at least three months prior to the expiry date.

1. Calculate your premium at ing.be, via Home’Bank, by calling +32 2 464 60 04 or at your ING branch.

2. Interested? Confirm your application.

3. You will then receive all the necessary documents by post or e-mail.

Do you already have fire insurance, but would like to switch to ING Property Insurance for owners, developed by NN Non-Life Insurance SA? We will take care of this for you free of charge! All you need to do is provide us with the following information at least three months before your current policy expires:

  • expiry date of your current policy,
  • name of your current insurance company and policy number.

Managing your insurance policy is child's play at ING. You can choose the method that suits you best.

In most cases, policy changes can be made using the dynamic PDF forms available in the new Home'Bank; however, some changes will have to be made by contacting the insurer NN directly by telephone, post or e-mail.

You can also call the NN team on ING number +32 2 464 60 04 (Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.). The desired changes to your policy will be recorded immediately. In addition, you will always receive written confirmation to your legal address.

ING Property Insurance is offered to you, subject to acceptance, by:

Insurance intermediary: ING Belgium SA, insurance broker registered with the FSMA under number 0403200393. Registered office: Avenue Marnix/Marnixlaan 24, 1000 Brussels – Brussels Trade Register – VAT BE 0403 200 393 – info@ing.be – www.ing.be – BIC: BBRUBEBB – IBAN: BE45 3109 1560 2789

Insurer: NN Non-Life Insurance NV, a company incorporated under Dutch law authorised to insure risks in Belgium, insurance company registered under green card code number 1449. Registered office: Prinses Beatrixlaan 35, 2595 AK The Hague, The Netherlands – Trade Register number 27127537, supervised by De Nederlandsche Bank.

Representative in Belgium: NN Insurance Services Belgium SA/NV, responsible, among other things, for settling claims for NN Non-Life Insurance SA/NV in Belgium, insurance broker registered with the FSMA under code number 0890270750. Registered office: Avenue Fonsny 38, B-1060 Brussels, Belgium – Brussels Trade Register – VAT BE 0890 270 750.

How do you get started?

  1. Simulate

    Calculate the premium in a few steps

  2. Apply

    Pleased? Fill in your demand within 5 minutes.

  3. Receive

    You can expect an answer within 2 working days maximum.

First read this page carefully, then you can Calculate your property insurance