Home insurance for owners
Protect your property against fire, water and storm damage.
A damage happens fast. You are the owner of your house and you want protection? ING Home Insurance includes fully personalised cover, legal assistance and assistance at home!
Comprehensive, yet tailor-made
The price is calculated according to the surface area of your property. You can also choose additional coverage (household effects, theft and family insurance).
Simple, quick and online
You are insured immediately after payment.
Our staff is available day and night to advise and assist you.
It is a complete non-life insurance for your private home, subject to Belgian law and developed by NN Non-Life Insurance SA/NV, a Dutch incorporated company set up to insure Belgian risks, at competitive rates with tailor-made cover.
ING Home Insurance is an insurance policy that covers the repair or renovation of your property and/or contents as a result of fire, storm damage, water damage, lightning strike, explosion, broken glass, short circuit, smoke or soot damage, etc.
So what makes this home insurance truly comprehensive? ING Home Insurance is not just there for you in the event of an emergency. You can count on a range of fast and practical solutions to assist you in many other situations as well.
A few examples:
- If your house burns down and also causes damage to your car parked on the driveway, then the repair of your car will also be covered, even if you do not have comprehensive car insurance.
- If the neighbours' renovation works cause a crack in your wall, we will also pay for the legal support you may need if your neighbour refuses to accept liability.
You can find a complete description of the insurance policies, exclusions and limitations in the General terms and conditions (pdf), the information sheet (pdf) and the information document about the insurance product (pdf). We also outline the main exclusions, limitations and other information related to ING Home Insurance (PDF). Be sure to read these documents before signing your insurance policy.
For all owners or landlords of a house or apartment for private use and for all owners of entire apartment buildings on the condition that you are the sole owner of the entire building.
Renting a house or apartment? Then consider ING Home Insurance especially for tenants.
You have the option of applying for ING Home Insurance entirely online. Simply complete the questionnaire to receive all insurance documents by e-mail or post.
Tip: while completing the form, be sure to take a look at the information icons with extra information. Or read the Frequently Asked Questions on the right-hand side of the questionnaire. If you still need help, our specialist staff are always available for expert advice and support.
The cost of ING Home insurance is fully tailored to:
- the property. Is it an apartment, town house or detached house? What is the property's surface area, how many rooms are there and when was it built?
- your profile. Are you the owner-occupier or the landlord? Do you keep a valuable collection or expensive sports equipment at home? And would you like to insure that as well? Choose the value for which you want to insure your contents and see immediately how much it will cost.
- your formula. Are you insuring your property, your contents or both? Would you like to include additional Theft and Private Liability Insurance? That is how we guarantee you the right price, adapted to your situation.
How do I pay? While completing the form, be sure to take a look at the information icons with extra information. Or read the Frequently Asked Questions on the right-hand side of the questionnaire. If you still need help, our specialist staff are always available for expert advice and support.
What factors determine whether you can be or remain insured, what is and is not covered by the policy and what does it all cost? Read all about it in our Segmentation policy.
With our home insurance, managing your policy has never been so easy. Need to make changes or cancel your insurance? You can modify your policy yourself in a few clicks via Home'Bank.
- Update my personal or payment details
- Change my legal address
- Change your address via Home'Bank in your Settings. If your identity card has already been updated, you can also do this via an ING branch or by uploading the data from your eID online.
- Change the account number used for my premium payments (PDF)
- Pay my insurance premiums by direct debit (PDF)
- Pay my insurance monthly
- If you pay by direct debit, you can pay your premiums monthly. If you already pay by direct debit, call us on +32 2 464 65 04 (Monday to Friday : from 8:00 till 22:00 ; Saturday : from 9:00 till 17:00).
- Add or remove cover from my policy
- Remove cover from my ING Home Insurance (PDF)
- Extend my ING Home Insurance with Theft cover or other
- Call us on +32 2 464 60 04 (Monday to Friday : from 8:00 till 22:00 ; Saturday : from 9:00 till 17:00) to inform us about the additional cover you require. You can reach us Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. If you'd like to know how much it will cost first, send us your request by e-mail and we will provide you with a customised calculation.
- Report property extensions or purchases that increase the value of my contents
- Have you built a sun room or garage, installed a swimming pool in your garden or bought a new lounge? Call us on +32 2 464 65 04 (Monday to Friday : from 8:00 till 22:00 ; Saturday : from 9:00 till 17:00) or send us an e-mail. One of our experts will arrange a meeting with you to determine the new value of the home or its contents and provide you with a new price calculation.
- Terminate my policy
- Terminate my home insurance (PDF)
- Terminate my ING Home Insurance due to taking out another ING Home Insurance policy (PDF)
- Terminate my ING Home Insurance due to someone else taking over the policy (PDF)
- You first need to terminate your policy and then take out a new ING Home Insurance in the name of the new policy holder.
Should I insure the building, the contents or both? Below you will find a summary of what is and what is not included in each case and which complimentary insurance is available to you:
BuildingContentsBuilding and ContentsMaterial damage to your property and fixed installationsDamage to your furniture, free standing electrical appliances, jewellery, books, clothing, etc.Legal assistance in case of damage to your property of contents
What extra insurance is available?
BuildingContentsBuilding and ContentsInsurance against theft of your contents*Personal liability insurance**
* Why take out Theft Insurance? Because Contents Insurance covers fire, water and other damage to your contents, but not damage to or loss of your contents due to a burglary or attempted burglary. Our Theft Insurance is also not limited to the home. If you are robbed on the street or in your car, or your son or daughter's student residence is burgled, these losses will also be covered.
** Why take out personal liability insurance? Because accidents will happen, and you cannot control everything all the time. You may knock the side mirror off a parked car while riding your bike, for example. Your daughter may break your neighbour's extremely expensive antique vase or your dog might escape and cause a car accident. None of these examples involves deliberate harm, but you are still liable for the damage
Our private liability insurance covers the damage that you (and/or your family members) cause to other persons and for which you are liable. But also vice versa. If someone breaks your bicycle and refuses to pay for the repairs, we also cover the costs of any legal assistance you may need.
Bearing in mind that more than 200 burglaries are committed on average every day in Belgium, it is a good idea to insure your possessions against theft as well.
You can also take out private liability insurance. ING Family Insurance covers any accidental damage you (and/or one of your family members) cause to other persons. But also vice versa. If someone breaks your bicycle and refuses to pay for the repairs, our personal liability insurance will cover the costs of any legal assistance you may need.
ING Home Insurance for owners is subject to Belgian law.
You can find a complete description of the insurance policies, exclusions and limitations in the General terms and conditions (pdf), the information sheet (pdf) and the information document about the insurance product (pdf). We also outline the main exclusions, limitations and other information related to ING Home Insurance (PDF).
When you subscribe online, a needs analysis, setting out your requirements and needs in terms of home and family insurance, will also be generated based on your needs and your choice of cover made when you subscribe. This will be sent to you by post by ING.
Read these documents carefully before signing your insurance contract and paying the premium by transfer or direct debit to the insurer. In the event of an error, contact your branch or call us on +32 2 464 65 04 (Monday to Friday : from 8:00 till 22:00 ; Saturday : from 9:00 till 17:00) to make the necessary changes.
Exclusions and limitations: a brief overview
- The Theft insurance only applies if your home is occupied on a regular basis.
- The Theft insurance only applies if all exterior doors are locked and all windows are closed whenever you leave your home.
- In some cases, the Theft insurance can only be taken out if the home is fitted with an approved alarm system. If that is the case, the system must be activated every time you leave home to be able to make a claim against the insurance in the event of theft.
- In the case of material damages less than 10,000 euros, an excess of 250 euros applies. This excess is deducted from your claim.
- Caravans or houseboats cannot be insured with ING Home Insurance.
- Homes in which professional activities are carried out cannot be insured with ING Home Insurance. There are some exceptions, however, which are covered by the General terms and conditions.
- Personal liability insurance reimburses the cost of material damage and/or personal injury which you, members of your household or pets accidentally cause to others and for which you are legally liable.
- The Legal assistance component of this personal liability insurance reimburses you the cost of legal assistance if, e.g., someone damages your bike and refuses to pay for the repairs.
- ING Family Insurance does not cover your contractual liability. The personal liability insurance does not, e.g., cover damages to equipment which you rent or borrow from a friend.
- For material damages caused by an insured party, an excess of 250 euros is payable if the damage is less than 10,000 euros. This 250 euros is deducted from your claim.
- The Legal assistance insurance does not cover legal costs in the event the disputed damages are less than 200 euros.
- About the duration of your contract:
- your ING Home Insurance policy insures you for 1 year. Your policy is automatically renewed at maturity for an additional period of 1 year unless you provide notice of termination at least 3 months prior to the end date.
- About our insurance and conflict of interest policy:
- You can find general information about ING Belgium S.A./NV’s and the insurer NN Non-Life Insurance NV’s insurance offer and conflict of interest policy including inducements via www.ing.be > Charges and regulations > information and regulations > Insure.
Not 100% satisfied?
- Contact us online: www.ing.be/complaints, call us: +32 2 407 70 00 or send us a letter: ING Complaint Management, Cours Saint-Michel/Sint-Michielswarande 60, 1040 Brussels.
- Have you already been in touch with ING? You can also contact the Insurance Ombudsman: de Meeûs Square 35, 1000 Brussels, call +32 2 547 58 71 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
ING Home Insurance for owners is subject to Belgian law and is offered to you, pending acceptance of your file, by:
- Insurance intermediary: ING Belgium SA/NV, an insurance broker, registered with the FSMA under the code number 0403200393. Registered office: Avenue Marnix 24, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium - Brussels RPM/RPR - VAT BE 0403.200.393 - www.ing.be
- Insurer: NN Non-Life Insurance NV, a Dutch incorporated company, authorised to insure risks in Belgium as an insurance company registered under the code number 1449. Registered office: Prinses Beatrixlaan 35, 2595 AK The Hague, Netherlands – Trade register number 27127537, supervised by Nederlandsche Bank.
- Representative in Belgium: NN Insurance Services Belgium SA/NV, competent in particular to settle claims for NN Non-Life Insurance NV in Belgium, insurance agent registered with the FSMA under the code number 0890270750. Registered office: Avenue Fonsny 38, B-1060 Brussels, Belgium - Brussels RPM/RPR - VAT BE 0890.270.750