ING Annual travel insurance
ING Lion Assistance provided by Inter Partner Assistance NV
Lost your keys? Flight grounded because of a strike? Injured your back in a ski accident? ING Lion Assistance gives you total peace of mind in the event of these and many other unexpected and undesirable situations.
Year-round cover from just 48 euros
Individual coverage for just 48 euros per year. Are you travelling with your family? Select the family option for just 66 euros per year.
Quick and online
You can take out this insurance online from start to finish. You contract will be sent to you by e-mail, and you will receive a text message to confirm the contract.
Take out your travel insurance the day before you leave on holiday. The contract comes into force on the date of your choice. The earliest option is at the date and time that you took out the insurance.
Enjoy a personalized price. The calculated premium online is the same as in your ING Branch!
Travel/breakdown assistance that does not include life insurance, which was developed by Inter Partner Assistance SA and which is subject to Belgian law, for you, your family, your home, and even your pet. In Belgium and abroad (except in war zones, see below for more information).
Do you also want to insure your vehicle? Then add the vehicle option to your coverage. In Belgium, your bicycle is also covered under this contract.
All the coverage is specified in the General Terms and Conditions. ING Lion Assistance covers the following among others (Non-exhaustive list):
Assistance to people:
- Reimbursement of medical expenses abroad (up to 100,000 euros)
- Post-hospital expenses in Belgium (up to 2,500 euros)
- Payment for the repatriation of the injured person and his/her family, or the cost of extending the hotel stay if the injured person cannot be transported for medical reasons.
- In the event of loss or theft of the keys to your home, or forgetting the keys in your home making access to the home impossible, reimbursement of a locksmith (250 euros aximum/home/year, limited to one intervention a year).
- In the event of a major claim that affects your home, reimbursement of two consecutive nights in a hotel (100 euros maximum/night/person insured) and 250 euros for essential purchases.
Assistance during your trip:
- Reimbursement of additional travel expenses (accommodation and transport costs) up to a maximum of 500 euros per claim if you get stuck abroad due to force majeure (strike, natural phenomena, epidemics, etc.)
- 24/7 telephone assistance, before and during your trip
- Organisation of the transfer of a spare suitcase and reimbursement of expenses related to the purchase of essentials, up to 250 euros, in the event of delay, theft or loss of your luggage
- For all other cases that are not covered, payment of an advance of 2,500 euros if necessary.
With (paid) optional vehicle assistance:
- Towing costs and roadside assistance (e.g. in the event of a traffic accident, mechanical defect, fuel issues or a flat tyre, etc.)
- Vehicle access in the event of loss or theft of keys
- Transportation of spare parts abroad
- Assistance in the event of immobilisation abroad (e.g. techanical defect, traffic accident, theft, carjacking, etc.)
- Assistance to insured parties immobilised abroad (return/rental vehicle/taxi/etc.)
- Provision of a replacement vehicle (max. 15 days).
A full description of the insurance plan, the coverage, exclusions, and limitations of the coverage are provided in the General Terms and Conditions and the information document of the insurance product.
Below are a few examples of exclusions and limitations:
- Stay abroad of +90 days
- Events caused by a deliberate act, suicide or gross negligence by the insured party.
- Events that are the result of a war, civil war, strike, riot, or public uprising, an act of terrorism or sabotage, unless the insured party can prove that they did not participate in the event.
- Minor ailments or injuries that do not prevent the insured party from continuing their trip, mental illnesses that had already been treated.
- The purchase and repair of prostheses, glasses and contact lenses
Are you considering adding the optional vehicle assistance to your coverage? Below are a few examples of exclusions and limitations:
- Reimbursement of the cost for parts, repairs, maintenance or fuel for the insured vehicle.
- Immobilisation of the vehicle for maintenance work.
- Repeated defects resulting from the absence of repair or maintenance of the vehicle if the insurer has already paid for two of the same or similar defects in the previous twelve months.
A health crisis such as the 2020 pandemic has disrupted many travel and holiday plans. In these uncertain times, you must be wondering what coverage your travel insurance does effectively provide.
The insurer relies on the travel advice of the FPS Foreign Affairs to decide whether or not to intervene. You must there always check the country guidelines of the FPS Foreign Affairs. Please also review the General Terms and Conditions and the information document of your insurance plan to check the extent of your coverage.
You will find all the answers to your questions in this context here.
Any natural adult person, whether an ING customer or not, whose place of residence is in Belgium or who usually resides in Belgium (at least 180 days a year).
- The policyholder
- The family of the policyholder (any person who is a member of the policyholder’s household), provided you take out optional family coverage
- The unmarried children of the policyholder who, following the divorce of their parents, live elsewhere in Belgium but come to visit the policyholder as long as they are fiscally or financially dependent on the policyholder or their divorced spouse (provided you take out optional family coverage).
- Calculate your premium at ing.be, Home’Bank, by calling +32 2 464 60 04 or at your ING Branch.
- Interested? Confirm your application.
- You will then receive all the necessary documents by post or email.
An ING Lion Assistance annual contract costs (without optional vehicle coverage) :
- For one person: 48 euros
- For one person and the family: 66 euros
- For one person and one car: 178 euros
- For one person, the family and one car: 196 euros
About the insurance policy term: the term of your ING Lion Assistance policy is one year. Your policy is automatically renewed every year on the expiry date unless you provide notice of termination at least three months prior to the end date.
The travel assistance comes into force on the date of your choice. The earliest option is at the date and time that you take out the insurance.
With our travel insurance, managing your policy has never been so easy.
Need to make changes or cancel your policy?
- You can do so online via Home'Bank.
- By telephone: contact ING on +32 2 464 60 04 (Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
- In person at an ING Branch
Modify my insurance policy
- The insured parties (PDF).
- The policyholders address: make an appointment at your ING branch.
- Your direct debit account number: block the current direct debit payment via Home'Bank and apply for a new direct debit payment using another account number by completing this form (PDF).
Add vehicle assistance cover
Cancel my annual policy
You can find a complete description of the insurance policies, exclusions and restrictions in the General Terms and Conditions (PDF) and in the information document about the insurance product (PDF).
Please read the documents carefully before signing your insurance contract.
About our insurance and conflicts of interest: you can find general information about ING Belgium’s insurance and conflicts of interest policy and about the Dutch insurance company, NN Non-Life Insurance SA, at www.ing.be > Charges and regulations > Information and regulations > Insurer
Not entirely satisfied?
Not completely satisfied with the distribution of this product?
- Contact ING online: www.ing.be/complaints
- Call ING: +32 464 60 04
Not completely satisfied with your ING Lion Assistance ?
- Contact IPA online : firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaints about the distribution or the product?
- You can also contact the Insurance Ombudsman, Square de Meeûs/de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, Belgium - Tel.: + 32 2 547 58 71 - Fax: + 32 2 547 59 75 - email@example.com - https://www.ombudsman.as/nl/
ING Lion Assistance is an insurance policy offered subject to approval by:
- Insurance agent: ING Belgium SA/nv, an insurance broker, registered with the FSMA under the code number 0403200393. Registered office: avenue Marnix 24, B-1000 Brussels – Brussels RPM/RPR – VAT BE 0403.200.393. Phone + 32 2 547 21 11 – firstname.lastname@example.org - www.ing.be - RPM Bruxelles – BIC: BBRUBEBB – IBAN: BE45 3109 1560 2789.
- Insurer: Inter Partner Assistance SA/nv, an insurance company approved under the code number 0487. Registered office: avenue Louise 166, BP 1, B-1050 Brussels RPM/RPR - VAT BE 0415.591.055. Phone +32 2 550 04 00 – BIC: BBRUBEBB – IBAN: BE66 3630 8057 8243.