ING Fixed Capital Death Insurance
Choose flexible protection for your family
How can you ensure the quality of life for your loved ones in the event of your death? With ING Fixed Capital Death Insurance they will receive a solid amount of capital to help them deal with both everyday and exceptional expenses.
You determine the amount of capital to insure, the term and the beneficiaries of your policy. You can also determine the frequency of premium payments (monthly, quarterly, half yearly, annually) and you can change these options to suit your circumstances and needs (policy amendments subject to acceptance by the insurer).
Peace of mind
Your family will be compensated for the loss of income resulting from your death, as well as expected or unexpected costs such as rent, school fees, estate settlement fees, etc.
Open to all
For a modest premium, you can give your loved ones the security and peace of mind they deserve.
Your premiums are guaranteed for a minimum period of 3 years, except in the case of legal changes to your policy.
A death insurance policy subject to Belgian Law developed by NN Insurance Belgium SA/NV whereby your beneficiaries receive a lump sum, which you determine, in the event of your accidental death. To help them cover the loss of income and other direct or indirect costs resulting from your death such as rent, school fees, the cost of settling your estate, etc.
This insurance is intended for people who like to plan ahead and who want to ensure a decent quality of life for their family after they are gone.
You are free to choose any beneficiary or beneficiaries you wish. However the choice of beneficiary can impact the potential tax breaks on the premium. In order to retain your tax benefit, you must designate your spouse or legally cohabiting partner or a first or second-degree relative as beneficiary.
- When taking out a policy You decide the insured capital (minimum 2,500 euros) and the beneficiary. Please bear in mind, however, that your choice of beneficiary may have an impact on the potential tax breaks on your premiums.
- During the policy You can change the contract to match your changing circumstances. Please bear in mind, however, that all changes to your policy are subject to acceptance by the insurer.
When the policy expires
- While you are alive: the policy ends at the date of your choice. You can then opt to extend it on whatever basis you choose, subject to acceptance by the insurer.
- In the event of your death: your beneficiaries will be automatically contacted by the insurer, who will explain the relevant procedures to them.
- Your premium: Premiums are payable for the duration of the policy and include taxes and fees, including the 2% premium levy. If you wish, you can opt for periodical premiums.
- Fixed for 3 years: Your premiums are fixed for a period of 3 years from the start date of the policy provided you do not make changes to the policy during this time.
Pending our approval: We use a certain number of factors to decide whether to accept your request for insurance, as well as to determine the premiums of your insurance and the extent of the guarantee. They include the insured capital, the duration of the contract and the financial acceptance. They also include factors related to the person being insured, such as their smoking behaviour, age, health condition, profession, the sport(s) they practice and if applicable, whether or not they travel to foreign countries for long periods of time.
The final premium amount will be determined after evaluating the risk and will be confirmed in the policy.
There are multiple criteria that play a role in determining whether we are prepared to insure a particular risk, what we are prepared to insure it against, and what the premium will be. These criteria serve as Acceptance Criteria (AC), Pricing Criteria (PC) and Extended Guarantee Criteria (GC). Based on these segmentation criteria, we try to find a balance between the premium you pay and the loss or damage we anticipate. The segmentation criteria are objective criteria that can influence the probability or extent of loss or damage.
|Acceptance Criteria (AC)||Pricing Criteria (PC)||Extended Guarantee Criteria (GC)|
|Duration of the contract|
|Profession and sport(s)|
|Travel risk factor|
Please find below an explanation of the applicable segmentation criteria.
- The insured capital (AC, PC): The insured capital has an impact on the amount of the premium, as it is directly linked to the risk to be insured.
- The duration of the contract (AC, PC): The duration of the contract may have an impact on the amount insured, and may therefore influence the amount of the premium.
- The financial acceptance (AC): If the total amount of capital insured by NN Insurance Belgium SA/NV exceeds €1 million, we will assess your financial situation.
Your health condition (AC, PC, GC): We will make enquiries regarding your health status via a questionnaire or medical examination. If, at the time of taking out your policy, you are aware of any health problems which may affect your risk of premature death, we will take these into account.
If, after carrying out the questionnaire or medical exam, we are still unable to establish a sufficiently clear picture of your health, we may ask you to answer certain additional questions, or to provide us with further information.
- Your Age (AC, PC): Your age is an important factor when you take out life insurance, because, statistically, the probability of death increases with age.
- Your smoking behaviour (PC): Smoking seriously damages your health and increases the risk of mortality. Therefore, we need to know if you smoke.
- Profession and sport(s) (AC, PC, GC): Your profession and any sport(s) you participate in can be considered to be more or less dangerous and consequently, have an influence on your risk of death and your life expectancy.
- The fact that you travel for long periods abroad (AC, PC, GC): Depending on the duration and destination, a holiday in a foreign country can have an influence on the condition of your health, your risk of death and your life expectancy.
Important information before you continue
Exclusions and limitations: a brief overview
- Tax incentives: If you take advantage of tax incentives during the term of the policy, please be aware that in the event of your death, your beneficiary will be taxed on the capital paid out.
- Your premium: If you choose to spread out your premium payments into monthly, quarterly or half yearly deposits, the insurer will apply increases of 4%, 3% and 2% respectively.
- High-risk activities: This insurance does not cover death occurring during the practice of any of the following sports: skydiving, hang-gliding, paragliding or piloting a private aeroplane.
You can find a complete description of the insurance policy, exclusions and limitations in the General Terms and Conditions (PDF) and the Information Sheet (PDF) ING Fixed Capital Death Insurance (PDF). These documents are available on www.ing.be and from all ING branch. Be sure to read them before signing your insurance policy.
Term and taxation
- You choose the length of the policy yourself. The policy expires on your choice of end date.
- As a private individual, you can choose to benefit from a tax reduction on your premiums in the context of long-term savings. The only conditions are that you take out the policy before you reach the age of 65 and that the beneficiary of your policy is your spouse, legal partner or any first or second-degree relative.
About our insurance and conflict of interest policy
You can find general information about ING Belgium SA/nv’s and the insurer NN Insurance Belgium nv’s insurance offer and conflict of interest policy via www.ing.be > Charges and regulations > Information and Regulations > Insure
Who is NN Insurance Belgium SA/NV?
NN Insurance Belgium (formerly ING Life Belgium nv) is an insurance company within the NN Group with a long tradition in Belgium. NN Group is an insurance company and manager of investments listed on the stock exchange with a strong European focus. The group, which is present in over 18 countries and employs a staff of 12,000, provides services in the field of pensions, insurance, investments and, in the case of the Netherlands, banking services for more than 15 million customers.
Not 100% satisfied?
Please contact ING Complaint Management, Cours Saint-Michel/Sint-Michielswarande 60, 1040 Brussels, call +32 2 547 61 02 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the Insurance Ombudsman, Square de Meeûs 35, 1000 Bruxelles - Tel.: +32 (2) 547 58 71 - fax: +32 (2) 547 59 75 - email@example.com - www.ombudsman.as (FR)
Interested in ING Fixed Capital death insurance?
- For all applicable terms and conditions, exclusions and limitations please read the General Terms and Conditions and the Information Sheet (PDF) at www.ing.be and from any ING branch. Please read these documents before signing your policy.
- You have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the General Information (PDF) on Insurance and the statement regarding ING Belgium SA/nv’s (PDF) and the insurer’s conflict of interest policy (PDF), including inducements. This information can be consulted at any time via www.ing.be > Charges and regulations > Information and Regulations > Insure.
- Make an appointment at an ING branch of your choice .
ING Death Benefit Insurance is an insurance product provided, upon mutual agreement, by:
- Insurance intermediary: ING Belgium SA/nv, an insurance broker registered with the FSMA under the code number 12381A. Registered office: Avenue Marnix 24, B-1000 Brussels - Brussels RPM/RPR - VAT BE 0403.200.393 - www.ing.be - BIC: BBRUBEBB - IBAN: BE45 3109 1560 2789.
- Insurer: NN Non-Life Insurance NV, a Dutch incorporated company, authorised to insure risks in Belgium as an insurance company registered under the code number 1449. Registered office: Prinses Beatrixlaan 35, 2595 AK The Hague, Netherlands – Trade register number 27127537, supervised by Nederlandsche Bank.
- Representative in Belgium : NN Insurance Services Belgium SA/NV, competent in particular to settle claims for NN Non-Life Insurance NV in Belgium, insurance agent registered with the FSMA under the code number 103019A. Registered office: Avenue Fonsny 38, B-1060 Brussels, Belgium - Brussels RPM/RPR - VAT BE 0890.270.750
This insurance policy is subject to Belgian law, including the Act of 4 April 2014 regarding insurance.