Protect yourself against damage accidentally caused to third parties
Imagine: you accidentally knock the side mirror off a parked car as you cycle past it; your daughter breaks your neighbour's antique vase; or your dog escapes and causes a car accident… None of these examples involve deliberate harm, but you are still liable for the damages. Fortunately, ING Family Insurance covers your personal liability, saving you from having to bear the financial consequences of such unforeseen events. Now 1 month free! with the promo code FAMILY2019 !*
For every family situation
Whether you are single, cohabiting or married, with or without kids and with or without pets… ING Family Insurance is there for everyone!
Simple, quick and online
You have the option of taking out this insurance online from start to finish. All you have to do is answer a few straightforward questions.
Complete peace of mind for less than 7 euros per month
The price you pay is tiny compared to the protection offered by this insurance. Now 1 month free! with the promo code FAMILY2019 !*
If you are already insured, but would like to change, ING can help you switch to ING Family Insurance free of charge and with zero fuss.
Imagine: you accidentally knock the side mirror off a parked car as you cycle past it; your daughter breaks your neighbour's antique vase; or your dog escapes and causes a car accident… None of these examples involve deliberate harm, but you are still liable for the damages. Fortunately, ING Family Insurance covers your personal liability, saving you from having to bear the financial consequences of such unforeseen events.
ING Family Insurance reimburses the costs of any material and physical damage caused by you or one of your family members for which you are liable. But also vice versa. If someone breaks your bicycle, for instance, and refuses to pay for the repair, you will be covered for the costs of any legal assistance you may need.
You can find a complete description of this personal liability insurance , including its limitations and exclusions, in the ING Family Insurance General terms and conditions (PDF) and the ING Family Insurance Information sheet (PDF). We also outline the main exclusions, limitations and other information related to ING Family Insurance (PDF). Be sure to read these documents before signing your insurance policy.
Everyone. It does not matter whether you are single, cohabiting or married, whether or not you have children or whether or not you have pets.
You have the option of applying for ING Family Insurance entirely online. Simply complete the questionnaire to receive all insurance documents by e-mail or post.
Tip: while completing the form, be sure to take a look at the information icons with extra information. Or read the Frequently Asked Questions on the right-hand side of the questionnaire. If you still need help, our specialist staff are always available for expert advice and support.
ING Family Insurance is very inexpensive. You can insure your and your family's civil liability for just 79 euros per year. This includes legal assistance for both your family and your home.
You pay your family insurance once a year by transfer or direct debit. If you pay by direct debit you can opt for monthly payments at no extra cost.
If you take out this private liability insurance in combination with ING Home Insurance, you only pay 61.54 euros per year, as your home insurance already includes liability cover and legal assistance for your home.
There is ING Home Insurance for owners and ING Home Insurance for tenants.
What factors determine whether you can be or remain insured, what is and is not covered by the policy and what does it all cost? Read all about it in our Segmentation policy.
With our family insurance, managing your policy has never been so easy. Need to make changes or cancel your insurance? You can modify your policy yourself in a few clicks via Home'Bank.
- Update my personal or payment details
- Change my legal address
- Change your address via Home'Bank in your Settings. If your identity card has already been updated, you can also do this via an ING branch or by uploading the data from your eID online.
- Change the account number used for my premium payments (PDF)
- Pay my insurance premiums by direct debit (PDF)
- Pay my insurance monthly
- If you pay by direct debit, you can pay your premiums monthly. If you already pay by direct debit, call us on +32 2 464 60 04 and we will take care of it. We are available to take your call Monday to Friday from 8:00 till 22:00 and Saturday from 9:00 till 17:00
- Terminate my policy
- Terminate my ING Family Insurance due to taking out another ING Family Insurance policy (PDF)
- Terminate my ING Family Insurance due to someone else taking over the policy (PDF)
- You first need to terminate your policy and then take out a new ING Family Insurance policy in the name of the new policyholder.
ING Family Insurance is offered to you, pending acceptance of your file, by:
- Insurance intermediary: ING Belgium S.A./nv, insurance broker registered with the FSMA under No. 12381 A. Registered office: Avenue Marnix/Marnixlaan 24, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium – www.ing.be – RPR/RPM Brussels – VAT BE 0403.200.393 – BIC: BBRUBEBB ��� IBAN: BE45 3109 1560 2789.
- Insurer: NN Non-Life Insurance SA/nv, incorporated under Dutch law, licensed to insure risks in Belgium, an insurance company registered in Belgium under code number 1449. Registered office: Prinses Beatrixlaan 35, 2595 AK The Hague, The Netherlands – Trade register number 27127537, supervised by De Nederlandsche Bank.
- Representative in Belgium: NN Belgium, an insurance company accredited by NBB under No. 2551 and licensed to settle claims in Belgium on behalf of NN Non-Life Insurance nv. Registered office: Airport Plaza – Montreal Building, Da Vincilaan 19, B-1831 Diegem – www.nn.be Brussels Register of Companies – VAT BE 0890.270.750 – BIC: BBRUBEBB – IBAN: BE95 3200 0812 7458.
Important information before calculating your premium
ING Family Insurance is subject to Belgian law.
You can find a complete description of the insurance policy, exclusions and limitations in the General terms and conditions (PDF) and the Information sheet (PDF) of the ING Family Insurance. These documents are available on ing.be and in all ING branches. Be sure to read them before signing your insurance policy.
The main exclusions and limitations of this insurance
- This personal liability insurance reimburses the cost of material damage and/or personal injury which you, members of your household or pets accidentally cause to others and for which you are legally liable.
- The Legal assistance component of this personal liability insurance reimburses you the cost of legal assistance if, e.g., someone damages your bike and refuses to pay for the repairs.
- ING Family Insurance does not cover your contractual liability. The personal liability insurance does not, e.g., cover damages to equipment which you rent or borrow from a friend.
- For material damages caused by an insured party, an excess of 250 euros is payable if the damage is less than 10,000 euros. This 250 euros is deducted from your claim.
- The Legal assistance insurance does not cover legal costs in the event the disputed damages are less than 200 euros.
You can find a complete description of the insurance policies, exclusions and limitations in the General terms and conditions (pdf) (Nl), the information sheet (pdf) and the information document about the insurance product (pdf). These documents are available on ing.be and in all ING branches. Be sure to read them before signing your insurance policy.
- About the duration of your contract
Your ING Family Insurance policy insures you for 1 year. Your policy is automatically renewed at maturity for an additional period of 1 year unless you provide notice of termination at
least 3 months prior to the end date.
- About our insurance and conflict of interest policy including inducements
You can find general information about ING Belgium S.A./NV's and the insurer Inter Partner Assistance SA/NV's insurance offer and conflict of interest policy including inducements via
ing.be > Charges and regulations > information and regulations > Insure.
Not 100% satisfied?
- Feel free to contact ING Complaint Management, Cours Saint-Michel/Sint-Michielswarande 60, 1040 Brussels, call +32 2 547 61 02 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Have you already been in touch with ING? You can also contact the Insurance Ombudsman: de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, call +32 2 547 58 71 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
*Offer valid for any new annual ING Family Insurance policy between 18/11/2019 and 31/12/2019 inclusive, using promo code FAMILY2019, subject to acceptance of your file by the insurer and to mutual agreement. Before taking out any new policy, check the conditions and exclusions in the general terms and conditions and the information sheet, available at www.ing.be and in all ING branches. This discount cannot be combined with any other discounts and is deducted directly from your premium.