ING Home Ins Owner

*And if you take out this insurance before 5 March 2018, you will get 2 months’ free premiums
by using promo code HOME2018!


ING Home Insurance
for owners

Discover the complete ING insurance for your home.

ING Home Insurance includes fire insurance, on-site assistance and legal assistance for your property.​ Your deep-fat fryer catches fire or an uprooted tree destroys your roof? Whatever the emergency this insurance provides the effective cover you need.

  • Instant assistance in the event of damage

    You can call our specialist team for advice, day or night. They are also ready to go on site immediately in the event of an emergency.

  • Simple, quick and online

    You have the option of taking out this insurance online from start to finish. Thanks to just a few straightforward questions, you can do this in no time at all.

  • Comprehensive, yet tailor-made

    The price you pay has been carefully calculated to match your property and your specific requirements perfectly. Whether you choose to insure your home, its contents or both, the result is a comprehensive insurance policy that eliminates all unpleasant surprises.

  • Discount for newer properties

    You pay less if your property is less than 6 years old.

  • Switch easily

    If you are already insured, but would like to change, ING can help you switch to ING Home Insurance free of charge and with zero fuss.

  • ING's promise

    ING's promise 85% of the people that apply for ING Home Insurance get immediate cover. Within 48 hours of making a claim, you will receive a case file number and the name of the contact person who will assist you. And if an expert appraisal is required, you will be contacted within 24 hours to arrange an appointment.

It is a complete non-life insurance for your private home, subject to Belgian law and developed by NN Non-Life Insurance SA/NV, a Dutch incorporated company set up to insure Belgian risks, at competitive rates with tailor-made cover.

ING Home Insurance is an insurance policy that covers the repair or renovation of your property and/or contents as a result of fire, storm damage, water damage, lightning strike, explosion, broken glass, short circuit, smoke or soot damage, etc.

So what makes this home insurance truly comprehensive? ING Home Insurance is not just there for you in the event of an emergency. You can count on a range of fast and practical solutions to assist you in many other situations as well.

A few examples:

  • If your house burns down and also causes damage to your car parked on the driveway, then the repair of your car will also be covered, even if you do not have comprehensive car insurance.
  • If the neighbours' renovation works cause a crack in your wall, we will also pay for the legal support you may need if your neighbour refuses to accept liability.

You can find a complete description of this home insurance for owners, including its limitations and exclusions, in the ING Family Insurance General terms and conditions (PDF) and the ING Home Insurance (PDF). We also outline the main exclusions, limitations and other information related to ING Home Insurance (PDF). Be sure to read these documents before signing your insurance policy.

For all owners or landlords of a house or apartment for private use and for all owners of entire apartment buildings on the condition that you are the sole owner of the entire building.

Renting a house or apartment? Then consider ING Home Insurance especially for tenants.

You have the option of applying for ING Home Insurance entirely online. Simply complete the questionnaire to receive all insurance documents by e-mail or post.

Tip: while completing the form, be sure to take a look at the information icons with extra information. Or read the Frequently Asked Questions on the right-hand side of the questionnaire. If you still need help, our specialist staff are always available for expert advice and support.

The cost of ING Home insurance is fully tailored to:

  • The property. Is it an apartment, town house or detached house? What is the property's surface area, how many rooms are there and when was it built?
  • Your profile. Are you the owner-occupier or the landlord? Do you keep a valuable collection or expensive sports equipment at home? And would you like to insure that as well? Choose the value for which you want to insure your contents and see immediately how much it will cost.
  • Your formula. Are you insuring your property, your contents or both? Would you like to include additional Theft and Private Liability Insurance? That is how we guarantee you the right price, adapted to your situation.

How do I pay? While completing the form, be sure to take a look at the information icons with extra information. Or read the Frequently Asked Questions on the right-hand side of the questionnaire. If you still need help, our specialist staff are always available for expert advice and support.

What factors determine whether you can be or remain insured, what is and is not covered by the policy and what does it all cost? Read all about it in our Segmentation policy.

With our home insurance, managing your policy has never been so easy. Need to make changes or cancel your insurance? You can modify your policy yourself in a few clicks via Home'Bank.

Should I insure the building, the contents or both? Below you will find a summary of what is and what is not included in each case and which complimentary insurance is available to you:

Building Contents Building and Contents
Material damage to your property and fixed installations
Damage to your furniture, free standing electrical appliances, jewellery, books, clothing, etc.
Legal assistance in case of damage to your property of contents

What extra insurance is available?

Building Contents Building and Contents
Insurance against theft of your contents*
Personal liability insurance**

* Why take out Theft Insurance? Because Contents Insurance covers fire, water and other damage to your contents, but not damage to or loss of your contents due to a burglary or attempted burglary. Our Theft Insurance is also not limited to the home. If you are robbed on the street or in your car, or your son or daughter's student residence is burgled, these losses will also be covered.

** Why take out personal liability insurance? Because accidents will happen, and you cannot control everything all the time. You may knock the side mirror off a parked car while riding your bike, for example. Your daughter may break your neighbour's extremely expensive antique vase or your dog might escape and cause a car accident. None of these examples involves deliberate harm, but you are still liable for the damage
Our private liability insurance covers the damage that you (and/or your family members) cause to other persons and for which you are liable. But also vice versa. If someone breaks your bicycle and refuses to pay for the repairs, we also cover the costs of any legal assistance you may need.

Bearing in mind that more than 200 burglaries are committed on average every day in Belgium, it is a good idea to insure your possessions against theft as well.

You can also take out private liability insurance. ING Family Insurance covers any accidental damage you (and/or one of your family members) cause to other persons. But also vice versa. If someone breaks your bicycle and refuses to pay for the repairs, our personal liability insurance will cover the costs of any legal assistance you may need.

* Offer valid for every new application for an annual ING Home Insurance policy submitted between 05/01/2018 and 04/03/2018 when using the promotion code HOME2018, subject to acceptance of your application by the insurer and by mutual agreement.

The "first two months free" offer applies to Building, Contents and Theft cover (and not Family Insurance). The discount is immediately deducted from your premium. This discount does not apply to insurance policies which are subject to the rates set by the Office of Natural Disaster Rates. In the case of an annual premium, a discount of 16.66% will be applied. The discount cannot be combined with any other offer.

ING Home Insurance for owners is subject to Belgian law and is offered to you, pending acceptance of your file, by:

  • Insurance agent

    ING Belgium SA/nv, an insurance broker registered with the FSMA under No. 12381A. Registered office: Avenue Marnix/Marnixlaan 24, B-1000 Brussels – – RPR/RPM Brussels – VAT BE 0403.200.393 – BIC: BBRUBEBB – IBAN: BE45 3109 1560 2789.

  • Insurer

    NN Non-Life Insurance nv, an insurance company incorporated under Dutch law, licensed to insure risks in Belgium, registered in Belgium under No. 1449. Registered office: Prinses Beatrixlaan 35, 2595 AK The Hague, The Netherlands – Registry of Companies No. 27127537, under the supervision of De Nederlandsche Bank.

  • Representative in Belgium

    NN Belgium, an insurance company accredited by NBB under No. 2551 and licensed to settle claims in Belgium on behalf of NN Non-Life Insurance nv.Registered office: Airport Plaza – Montreal Building, Da Vincilaan 19, B-1831 Diegem – Brussels Register of Companies – VAT BE 0890.270.750 – BIC: BBRUBEBB – IBAN: BE95 3200 0812 7458.

Consult the general terms and conditions

for all the necessary information

Read the general terms and conditions
Calculate your premium

directly online

Calculate my premium
Sign your contract

in an ING branch

Find a branch