ING Home Ins Owner

ING Home Insurance
for tenants

Discover ING insurance for the place you rent.

If you are renting a house or apartment, you have certain obligations to the owner. If you or a member of the household causes damage to the property by accident, you will still have to compensate the owner for the damage. At times like these, you will be very pleased to have tenant insurance.​

  • Simple, quick and online

    You have the option of taking out this insurance online from start to finish. Thanks to just a few straightforward questions, it will only take about 10 minutes.

  • Tailored to tenants

    ING Home Insurance allows you to insure your contents and take out private liability insurance on top of your tenant liability .That way, you will be covered for most of the risks you face as a tenant.

  • Legal assistance

    You can call our specialist team for advice, day or night, in the event of damage covered by your policy.

  • Instant assistance in the event of damage

    You can call our specialist team for advice, day or night. They are also ready to go on site immediately in the event of an emergency.

  • Switch easily

    If you are already insured, but would like to change, ING can help you switch to ING Home Insurance free of charge and without any effort.

  • ING's promise

    85% of the people that apply for ING Home Insurance get immediate cover. Within 48 hours of making a claim, you will receive a case file number and the name of the contact person who will assist you. And if an expert appraisal is required, you will be contacted within 24 hours to arrange an appointment.

It is a complete non-life insurance for your private home, subject to Belgian law and developed by NN Non-Life Insurance SA/NV, a Dutch incorporated company set up to insure Belgian risks, at competitive rates with tailor-made cover.

You have undoubtedly heard of "tenant liability" or your responsibilities as a tenant. ING Home Insurance for tenants compensates the owner for any damage you accidentally cause to the property you are renting. And if your mishap also causes damage to your neighbours' property, we will also reimburse you for the costs of any legal assistance you may need.

For all tenants of a house or apartment for private use.

Are you the owner of a house, apartment or entire apartment building? Then consider ING Home Insurance especially for owners.

You have the option of applying for ING Home Insurance entirely online. Simply complete the questionnaire to receive all insurance documents by e-mail or post.

Tip: while completing the form, be sure to take a look at the information icons with extra information. Or read the Frequently Asked Questions on the right-hand side of the questionnaire. If you still need help, our specialist staff are always available for expert advice and support.

The cost of ING Home insurance is fully tailored to:

  • The property your rent. Is it an apartment, town house or detached house? What is the property's surface area, how many rooms are there?
  • Your profile. Do you keep a valuable collection or expensive sports equipment at home? And would you like to insure that as well? Choose the value for which you want to insure your contents and see immediately how much it will cost.
  • Your formula. Are you insuring your property, your contents or both? Would you like to include additional Theft and Private Liability Insurance?

You pay for your tenant insurance annually by bank transfer or direct debit. If you choose direct debit, you can spread your payments out monthly at no extra charge.

What factors determine whether you can be or remain insured, what is and is not covered by the policy and what does it all cost? Read all about it in our Segmentation policy.

With our home insurance, managing your policy has never been so easy. Need to make changes or cancel your insurance? You can modify your policy yourself in a few clicks via Home'Bank.

  • A rental property is usually furbished with the tenant's own belongings. If this is the case, think about how much you could lose if your toaster caught fire, for example, and more than half of your household possessions were to go up in flames. The Contents Insurance of ING Home Insurance will pay for the repair or replacement of your belongings. Bear in mind, also, that more than 200 burglaries are committed on average every day in Belgium. So it is a good idea to insure your belongings against theft as well.

  • For complete peace of mind, you can also take out private liability insurance which covers the damage you or members of your household accidentally cause to other persons. And vice versa. If someone breaks your bicycle, for example, and refuses to pay for the repairs, our private liability insurance will cover the costs of any legal assistance you may need.

Should you insure your tenant liability, contents or both? Please find below a summary of what is and what is not included in each insurance policy and what additional insurance is available to you.

Tenant's liability Contents Tenant's liability and Contents
Material damage to your property you are renting
Damage to your furniture, free standing electrical appliances, jewellery, books, clothing, etc.
Legal assistance in case of damage to the rent property and your contents

What extra insurance is available?

Tenant's liability Contents Tenant's liability et contenu
Insurance against theft of your contents*
Personal liability insurance**

* Why take out Theft Insurance?
Because Contents Insurance covers fire, water and other damage to your contents, but not damage to or loss of your contents due to a burglary or attempted burglary. Our Theft Insurance is also not limited to the home. If you are robbed on the street or in your car, or your son or daughter's student residence is burgled, these losses will also be covered.

** Why take out personal liability insurance?
Because accidents will happen, and you cannot control everything all the time. You may knock the side mirror off a parked car while riding your bike, for example. Your daughter may break your neighbour's extremely expensive antique vase or your dog might escape and cause a car accident. None of these examples involves deliberate harm, but you are still liable for the damage.
Our private liability insurance covers the damage that you (and/or your family members) cause to other persons and for which you are liable. But also vice versa. If someone breaks your bicycle and refuses to pay for the repairs, we also cover the costs of any legal assistance you may need.

ING Home Insurance for tenants is subject to Belgian law and is offered to you, pending acceptance of your file, by:

  • Insurance agent

    ING Belgium SA/nv, an insurance broker registered with the FSMA under No. 12381A. Registered office: Avenue Marnix/Marnixlaan 24, B-1000 Brussels – – RPR/RPM Brussels – VAT BE 0403.200.393 – BIC: BBRUBEBB – IBAN: BE45 3109 1560 2789.

  • Insurer

    NN Non-Life Insurance nv, an insurance company incorporated under Dutch law, licensed to insure risks in Belgium, registered in Belgium under No. 1449. Registered office: Prinses Beatrixlaan 35, 2595 AK The Hague, The Netherlands – Registry of Companies No. 27127537, under the supervision of De Nederlandsche Bank.

  • Representative in Belgium

    NN Belgium, an insurance company accredited by NBB under No. 2551 and licensed to settle claims in Belgium on behalf of NN Non-Life Insurance nv.Registered office: Airport Plaza – Montreal Building, Da Vincilaan 19, B-1831 Diegem – Brussels Register of Companies – VAT BE 0890.270.750 – BIC: BBRUBEBB – IBAN: BE95 3200 0812 7458.

Consult the general terms and conditions

for all the necessary information

Read the general terms and conditions
Calculate your premium

directly online

Calculate my premium
Sign your contract

in an ING branch

Find a branch