ING Lion Assistance
Protect yourself and your family with emergency home cover
No longer able to live in your home because of a fire, water damage, theft or vandalism? Or your house keys have disappeared? Whether you are at home in or in your second residence, ING Lion Assistance has the solution for you.
Assistance at your home or your second residence
If your home is no longer inhabitable as a result of fire, water damage, theft or vandalism, your insurance will cover the costs of temporary alternative accommodation as well as removal or security for your contents.
Imagine you forget the keys to your primary residence or second residence or they get lost or stolen. Your insurance will cover up to 250 euros of the costs of a locksmith.
Childcare or household help included
If you have to stay more than 48 hours in hospital, your assistance will organize and pay the costs of child care and/or household help.
An insurance policy, developed by Inter Partner Assistance SA/NV and subject to Belgian law, for you, your family, your home and even your pet. Valid both in Belgium and abroad (except for countries at war).
Would you like protection and breakdown assistance for your vehicle as well? Choose our annual assistance with vehicle cover and get free bike assistance in Belgium.
Any private individual, whether an ING customer or not, or who normally resides in Belgium (at least 180 days per year).
The beneficiaries may be:
- the policy holder.
- the policy holder’s family (i.e. anyone who lives under the same roof as the policy holder) provided the family option is chosen.
- single children of the policyholder who, following the divorce of their parents, live elsewhere in Belgium but come to visit the policy holder as long as they are dependent on the insured party or divorced partner for tax purposes, also provided that the family option is chosen.
For more information, you can always contact us!
With our annual assistance package, managing an insurance policy has never been easier. Do you want to amend or terminate your policy? Choose one of the sections below. All you then need to do is fill in and return a duly completed form to ING.
- Change my annual policy
- The insured parties (PDF).
- The policyholder's address: make an appointment at your ING branch.
- Your direct debit account number: block the current direct debit payment via Home'Bank and apply for a new direct debit payment using another account number by completing this form (PDF).
- Vehicle assistance cover
- Cancel my annual policy
Assistance to individuals
- reimbursement of expenses for medical treatment (up to 100,000 euros)
- post-hospital costs in Belgium up to 2,500 euros
- repatriation of the injured person and their family or payment of hotel accommodation expenses if the person cannot be transported for medical reasons.
Assistance at home
- if your house keys are lost or stolen, or you lock yourself out of your house, making it impossible to access, reimbursement of locksmith costs (max 250 euros per home per year)
- in the event of substantial damage affecting your home, reimbursement of 2 consecutive nights in a hotel (max 100 euros per night per insured party) and 250 euros for the purchase of essential goods.
Assistance during your trip
- reimbursement of additional travel costs (accommodation and transport costs) up to a maximum of 500 euros per claim in the event that you are obliged to remain abroad in the event of a force majeure (strike, natural phenomena, epidemics, etc.)
- emergency phone assistance 24 hours a day 7 days a week, before and during your trip
- transfer of a replacement suitcase and reimbursement of costs linked to the purchase of essential goods up to a maximum of 250 euros in the event of delay in delivery, loss or theft of your luggage
- for all other non-covered cases, payment of an advance of 2,500 euros if necessary.
- For one person: 48 euros per year
- For one person and their family (all people residing under the same roof): 66 euros
- The policy has a term of one year. The agreement is automatically extended for a new period of one year on each annual due date, unless you give notice of cancellation no later than three months before the expiry date.
- Travel insurance covers starts on a date of your choosing and no earlier than the moment you sign your contract.
Important information before continuing
What is ING Lion Assistance (annual policy)?
A comprehensive insurance policy, developed by Inter Partner Assistance SA/NV and subject to Belgian law, for you, your family, your home and even your pet. Valid both in Belgium and abroad (except for countries at war).
Would you like protection and breakdown assistance for your vehicle as well? Choose our annual assistance with vehicle cover.
The main exclusions and limitations of this insurance
- Refund of medical expenses abroad: up to 100,000 euros per insured with an annual contract and up to 25,000 euros per insured with a temporary contract. In both cases, the excess is 50 euros.
- Refund of further treatment in Belgium: up to 2,500 euros per insured provided the insured is hospitalised for at least one night.
- Refund of search and rescue costs: up to a maximum of 7,500 euros per insured.
- Refund of repatriation costs of the injured party and other insured parties or the costs for extending the hotel stay if the injured party may not be moved for medical reasons (up to a maximum of 100 euros a day and a maximum of 10 days per insured).
You can find a complete description of the insurance policies, exclusions and limitations in the General terms and conditions of ING Lion Assistance (annual policy) (PDF) , on the Information sheet of ING Lion Assistance (annual policy) (PDF) and on the Insurance product information (PDF) . These documents are available on www.ing.be and in all ING branch.. Be sure to read them before signing your insurance policy.
- About the duration of your contract
- Your ING Lion Assistance policy insures you for 1 year. Your policy is automatically renewed at maturity for an additional period of 1 year unless you provide notice of termination at least 3 months prior to the end date.
- About our insurance and conflict of interest policy
- You can find general information about ING Belgium S.A./NV’s and the insurer Inter Partner Assistance SA/NV’s insurance offer and conflict of interest policy including inducements via ing.be > Charges and regulations > information and regulations > Insure.
- Not 100% satisfied?
- Feel free to contact ING Complaint Management, Cours Saint-Michel/Sint-Michielswarande 60, 1040 Brussels, call +32 2 547 61 02 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- Have you already been in touch with ING? You can also contact the Insurance Ombudsman de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, call +32 2 547 58 71 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you interested in an ING annual travel insurance?
- For the applicable terms and conditions, exclusions and limits please consult the general terms and conditions (PDF), the information sheet (PDF) and the Insurance product information (PDF) available at www.ing.be and from any ING branch. Please read these documents before taking out a policy.
- You have the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the general information on insurance (PDF) and the statement regarding ING Belgium’s SA/NV (PDF) and the insurer’s conflict of interest policy, including inducements. This information can always be consulted on www.ing.be > Charges and regulations > Information and Regulations > Insure
- Apply for your travel insurance online: it only takes a few minutes!
- Compare our different assistance packages .
ING Lion Assistance is an insurance product provided, upon mutual agreement, by:
- Insurance agent : ING Belgium SA/nv, an insurance broker, registered with the FSMA under the code number 12381A. Registered office: avenue Marnix 24, B-1000 Brussels – Brussels RPM/RPR – VAT BE 0403.200.393. Phone + 32 2 547 21 11 – email@example.com - www.ing.be - RPM Bruxelles – BIC: BBRUBEBB – IBAN: BE45 3109 1560 2789.
- Insurer : Inter Partner Assistance SA/nv, an insurance company approved under the code number 0487. Registered office: avenue Louise 166, BP 1, B-1050 Brussels RPM/RPR - VAT BE 0415.591.055. Phone +32 2 550 04 00 – BIC: BBRUBEBB – IBAN: BE66 3630 8057 8243.