ING Cash Account Insurance
Discover ING Cash Account Insurance
How can you make sure that your family is saved from a heavy financial burden in the event of your accidental death? Thanks to ING Cash Account Insurance, your heirs or successors will receive compensation equivalent to the balance in your account.
For just 4.80 euros per year, your loved ones will receive a substantial compensation (minimum 3,500 euros, maximum 50,000 euros) in the event of your accidental death.
No medical formalities
You do not have to undergo any medical formalities when applying.
ING Cash Account Insurance is an accidental death insurance product subject to Belgian Law developed by NN Insurance Belgium SA/NV which is linked to your ING current account*, term account or savings account. In the event of your accidental death, your loved ones will receive a compensation equivalent to the balance of your accounts on the day prior to your death. If your balance is negative, the compensation will be paid directly into your account, so your loved ones will not have to repay this debt.
* Please note: ING Cash Account Insurance cannot be linked to an ING Lion Account.
Holders of an ING current account who want to ensure that their loved ones do not have any financial worries, and who are under 70 when taking out the policy.
Unless an agreement has been reached to the contrary, the beneficiary who will receive the compensation will be:
- the spouse (not divorced or separated from bed and board) or legally cohabiting partner of the deceased insured party
- otherwise, the children of the deceased insured party and other descendants by way of representation
- otherwise, the descendants of the deceased insured party
- otherwise, the deceased insured party’s successors in interest.
- There are no medical formalities upon subscription.
- Unless terminated at your request, the contract will be renewed automatically every year.
- The main compensation is equivalent to the balance of your account on the day prior to your accidental death (with a minimum of 3,500 euros and a maximum of 50,000 euros).
- This compensation will be increased by 1,500 euros per fiscally dependent child or 3,000 euros per child if they also hold a savings account with ING.
- If your balance is negative, the compensation will be paid directly into the account to balance the account, so your loved ones will not be burdened with this debt.
This guarantee remains valid for up to 24 months after your death. For example, if you die as a direct result of an accident within two years, the compensation will be paid to your beneficiary. For insured parties who have reached 70 at the time of such an accident, the maximum time between the accident and their death is 45 days.
Important information before continuing
Exclusions and limitations: a brief overview
- 70 years and older: If the holder or the joint holder is 70 years of age or older on the day of their death, the compensation paid is reduced by half. This payout will in any case not be less than the guaranteed minimum of 3,500 euros.
- Co-account holders: If the account was opened in the name of several private individuals, the compensation (including the minimum and maximum amounts) will be reduced by dividing it by the number of joint holders insured on the date of death.
- High-risk activities: This policy does not cover death occurring during the practice of any of the following sports: mountaineering, parachuting, (deep-sea) diving, boxing, gliding, hang-gliding, piloting a private aeroplane, micro lighting or any form of racing.
For the applicable terms and conditions, exclusions and limitations limitations please read the ING Cash Account Insurance General Terms and Conditions (PDF) available at www.ing.be and from any ING branch. Please read this document before signing your policy.
Premium, term & tax incentives
- Annual premium: 4.80 euros per account. This premium is deducted automatically from your account once a year.
- Policy term: the policy lasts for one year. It is renewed automatically each year for an additional period of 1 year unless you provide notice of termination at least 3 months prior to the end date.
- Tax incentives: The benefit is not taxable as such but is subject to death duties.
Who is NN Insurance Belgium SA/NV?
NN Insurance Belgium (formerly ING Life Belgium nv) is an insurance company within the NN Group with a long tradition in Belgium. NN Group is an insurance company and manager of investments listed on the stock exchange with a strong European focus. The group, which is present in over 18 countries and employs a staff of 12,000, provides services in the field of pensions, insurance, investments and, in the case of the Netherlands, banking services for more than 15 million customers.
Not 100% satisfied?
A complaint? Contact ING Complaint Management, Cours Saint Michel/Sint-Michielswarande 60, B-1040 Brussels - Fax: +32 (2) 547 83 20 - Tel.: +32 (2) 547 61 02 - Email: email@example.com or the Insurance Ombudsman's Department, Square de Meeûs/de Meeûssquare 35, B-1000 Brussels – Tel.: +32 (2) 547 58 71 - Fax: +32 (2) 547 59 75 - firstname.lastname@example.org - www.ombudsman.as.
Interested in ING Cash Account Insurance?
Before taking out ING Cash Account Insurance we advise you to read these documents:
- For all applicable terms and conditions, exclusions and limitations please read the General Terms and Conditions (PDF) available at www.ing.be and from any ING branch. Please read this document before signing your policy.
- You can consult the General Information on Insurance (PDF) and the statement regarding ING Belgium SA/nv’s (PDF) and the insurer’s conflict of interest policy (PDF), including inducements. This information can be consulted at any time on www.ing.be > Charges and regulations > Information and Regulations > Insure
ING Outstanding Balance Insurance for mortgage loans is an insurance product provided, upon mutual agreement, by ING Belgium SA/nv (insurance intermediary), insurance broker registered with the FSMA under the number 12381A and NN Insurance Belgium nv (insurer), an insurance company, licensed by NBB under the code number 2550.
For all conditions and exceptions, please read the General Conditions (PDF).
All other important details can be found here:
- ING Belgium SA/nv, an insurance broker registered with the FSMA under the code number 12381A. Registered office: Avenue Marnix 24, B-1000 Brussels - Brussels RPM/RPR - VAT BE 0403.200.393 - www.ing.be - BIC: BBRUBEBB - IBAN: BE45 3109 1560 2789.
- NN Insurance Belgium SA/NV, an insurance company licensed by NBB under the code number 2550. Registered office: Airport Plaza - Montreal Building, Da Vincilaan 19, B-1831 Diegem - www.nn.be - Brussels RPM/RPR - VAT BE 0890.270.057. BIC: BBRUBEBB - IBAN: BE28 3100 7627 4220.
This insurance policy is subject to Belgian law, including the Act of 4 April 2014 regarding insurance.