ING Term Death Insurance
ING Term Death Insurance is a debt insurance of NN Insurance Belgium nv, offered by ING.
You may be wondering how you can make sure your loved ones do not end up repaying your instalment loan in the event of your passing. ING Term Death Insurance offers a good solution for your peace of mind and your family’s wellbeing.
ING Term Death Insurance linked to an instalment loan guarantees your heirs or successors ownership of the asset without having to repay the current instalment loan.
In the event of your death, the outstanding balance of your instalment loan is repaid.
You can opt for one-off or recurring premiums (yearly, half-yearly, quarterly or monthly).
You can choose for an advantage of a tax break under certain conditions.
ING Term Death Insurance is a form of decreasing term life insurance subject to Belgian Law and developed by NN Insurance Belgium SA/NV which is linked to an instalment loan. For total peace of mind, ING recommends that each borrower takes out cover corresponding to 100% of the total amount borrowed. In the event of your death, we will repay the outstanding balance owing on your loan. So your beneficiaries (for example your partner or children) will not be required to keep repaying your loan or sell the asset in question.
Any individual aged 18 or older with an instalment loan who wants to make sure that their loved ones will not have to repay it if he/she passes away.
Anyone you designate as a beneficiary at the time of taking out the policy.
When taking out your policy:
- You choose the package which suits you best. ING calculates the premiums to cover the borrowed capital.
- You decide freely who will be the beneficiary (-ies) of your decreasing term life insurance. However, if you would like to take advantage of a tax break on your premiums, this choice is restricted from a legal perspective.
- Your branch can help you find the best solution.
- When the policy expires: in the event of your death, if you have taken out 100% cover, the remaining balance of your instalment loan will be repaid in full.
There are multiple criteria that play a role in determining whether we are prepared to insure a particular risk, what we are prepared to insure it against, and what the premium will be. These criteria serve as Acceptance Criteria (AC), Pricing Criteria (PC) and Extended Guarantee Criteria (GC). Based on these segmentation criteria, we try to find a balance between the premium you pay and the loss or damage we anticipate. The segmentation criteria are objective criteria that can influence the probability or extent of loss or damage.
|Acceptance Criteria (AC)||Pricing Criteria (PC)||Extended Guarantee Criteria (GC)|
|Duration of the contract|
|Profession and sport(s)|
|Travel risk factor|
Please find below an explanation of the applicable segmentation criteria.
- The insured capital (AC, PC): The insured capital has an impact on the amount of the premium, as it is directly linked to the risk to be insured.
- The duration of the contract (AC, PC): The duration of the contract may have an impact on the amount insured, and may therefore influence the amount of the premium.
- The financial acceptance (AC): If the total capital amount insured by NN Insurance Belgium SA/NV exceeds €1 million, we will assess your financial situation.
Your health condition (AC, PC, GC): We will make enquiries into your health through a questionnaire or by performing a medical examination. If, at the time you take out the contract, you are aware of any health problems which affect your risk of premature death, we will take these into account.
f after carrying out the questionnaire or medical exam we are still unable to establish a sufficiently clear picture of your health, we may ask you to answer additional questions, or to provide us with further information.
- Your Age (AC, PC): Your age is an important factor when you take out life insurance, because, statistically, the probability of death increases with age.
- Your smoking behaviour (PC): Smoking seriously damages your health and increases the risk of mortality. Therefore, we need to know if you smoke.
- Profession and sport(s) (AC, PC, GC): Your profession and any sport(s) you practice may be considered to be more or less dangerous and consequently, have an influence on your risk of being killed and/or your life expectancy.
- Whether you go abroad for extended periods (AC, PC, GC): Depending on the duration and destination, a holiday in a foreign country may have an influence on the condition of your health, your risk of being killed and/or your life expectancy.
Payment: you can choose between a single premium (you pay a one-off premium and are insured for the full term of the contract) or periodical premiums (you pay your premiums throughout the term of the loan. The premiums vary year to year).
Rate: the premiums include taxes and costs. The premium tax of 2% is levied on each premium. The rate applies for a period of 3 years from the start date of the policy, subject to statutory amendments.
Decisions: we use a variety of factors to decide whether to accept your request for insurance, as well as to determine the premiums of your insurance and the extent of the guarantee. They include the insured capital, the duration of the contract and the financial acceptance. They also include factors related to the person being insured, such as their smoking behaviour, age, health condition, profession, the sport(s) they practice and if applicable, whether or not they spend extended periods abroad.
Important information before continuing
ING Term Death Insurance is subject to Belgian Law.
Exclusions and restrictions in brief
If you claim tax benefits on your premiums throughout the term of the policy, bear in mind that in the event of your death, your beneficiary will have to pay tax on the capital paid.
If you pay your premium as a lump sum or annually, there is no surcharge. You can also choose to pay your premiums every 6 months (2% surcharge), every 3 months (3% surcharge) or monthly (4% surcharge).
This insurance does not cover you in the event of death occurring while skydiving, hang-gliding, paragliding or piloting an aeroplane.
For all applicable terms and conditions, exclusions and limits please consult the General Terms and Conditions (PDF) and the Information Sheet (PDF) available at www.ing.be or from any ING branch. Please read these documents before taking out a policy.
Term and taxation
The contract’s term corresponds to that of the instalment loan to which it is linked.
Under certain circumstances, the premiums of your ING Term Death Insurance may entitle you to a tax reduction.
Who is NN Insurance Belgium SA/NV?
NN Insurance Belgium (formerly ING Life Belgium nv) is an insurance company within the NN Group with a long tradition in Belgium. NN Group is an insurance company and manager of investments listed on the stock exchange with a strong European focus. The group, which is present in over 18 countries and employs a staff of 12,000, provides services in the field of pensions, insurance, investments and, in the case of the Netherlands, banking services for more than 15 million customers.
Not 100% satisfied?
In the event of a complaint, please contact ING Complaint Management, Cours Saint Michel/Sint-Michielswarande 60, B-1040 Brussels - Tel.: +32 (2) 547 61 02 - Fax: +32 (2) 547 83 20 - email: email@example.com - or the Insurance Ombudsman's Department, Square de Meeûs/de Meeûssquare 35, B-1000 Brussels – Tel.: +32 (2) 547 58 71 - Fax: +32 (2) 547 59 75 - firstname.lastname@example.org - www.ombudsman.as.
Interested in term death insurance?
- For all applicable terms and conditions, exclusions and limitations, please read the General Terms and Conditions (PDF) and the Information Sheet (PDF), available on www.ing.be or from all ING branch. Please read these documents before signing your policy.
- You have the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the general information on insurance and the statement regarding ING Belgium SA/nv’s (PDF) and the insurer’s (PDF), insurer’s conflict of interest policy (PDF), including inducements. This information can always be consulted on www.ing.be > Charges and regulations > Information and Regulations > Insure
- Apply for your loan online.
- Make an appointment now at an ING branch of your choice for a simulation.
ING Outstanding Balance Insurance is an insurance product provided, upon mutual agreement, by ING Belgium SA/nv (insurance intermediary), insurance broker registered with the FSMA under the number 12381A and NN Insurance Belgium nv (insurer), an insurance company, licensed by NBB under the code number 2550.
All other important details can be found here:
Insurance intermediary: ING Belgium SA/NV, an insurance broker, registered with the FSMA under the code number 12381A. Registered office: Avenue Marnix 24, B-1000 Brussels - Brussels RPM/RPR - VAT BE 0403.200.393 - www.ing.be - BIC: BBRUBEBB - IBAN: BE45 3109 1560 2789.
Insurer: NN Insurance Belgium SA/NV, an insurance company, licensed by NBB under the code number 2550. Registered office: Airport Plaza - Montreal Building, Da Vincilaan 19, B-1831 Diegem - www.nn.be - Brussels RPM/RPR - VAT BE 0890.270.057 - BIC: BBRUBEBB - IBAN: BE28 3100 7627 4220.