ING Car Insurance
Insurer: NN Non-Life Insurance NV
Cover your liability for damage to third parties. You can also cover damage or loss to your car by taking out a Comprehensive Insurance policy. Do you want to insure your private vehicle? ING offers ING Car Insurance: an excellent rate, personalised cover, assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and subscribing is quick and easy.
Go online to work out how much you will pay for your ING Car Insurance.
Every day of the week on +32 2 550 06 00
The car insurance
- Monthly premium payments at no extra charge
- Premium protection for drivers who have been driving for at least 3 years without any claims where the driver was at fault (optional cover)
- Free switch from another insurer to NN by ING
A complete car (non-life) insurance policy governed by Belgian legislation and developed by NN Non-Life Insurance NV, a company incorporated under Dutch law, for your private car at a competitive rate with personalised cover.
ING Car Insurance comes with the following basic cover:
- Civil liability: compensation for physical injury and material damage caused by you to third parties. This cover alone is required by law.
- Service in the event of damage (always included): assistance after an accident in Belgium.
You can extend your car insurance with various forms of optional covers:
- Legal assistance: payment of all costs involved in defending your interests, such as lawyer’s or court costs.
- Driver insurance: reimbursement of the medical expenses or loss of income if you are unable to work because you have been injured in an accident caused by you. Death is also covered.
- Premium protection after claim: assurance that your premium will not rise following an accident caused by you.
- Breakdown assistance and assistance abroad: assistance following a breakdown or accident in Belgium or abroad.
- Mini-Comprehensive: protection against damage or loss due to an unexpected event (glass breakage, theft, fire or hail, etc.).
- Comprehensive insurance: protection against damage or loss due to unexpected events (glass breakage, theft, fire or hail, etc.) but also against damage or loss to your vehicle if you are at fault.
- Applying for your ING Car Insurance
- You can calculate the rate for your car insurance first, both at ing.be and via Home’Bank. Interested? Sign your contract via your Home’Bank, or contact our employees on +32 2 464 65 04 (on Monday to Friday from 8am to 10pm and on Saturday from 9am to 5pm) or visit your local branch.
- Cancel your current policy with another insurer
- Apply for your ING Car Insurance straightaway and leave ING to handle your switch free of charge! (Note: this is only possible if you take out insurance with ING at least 4 months before the main renewal date with your current insurer.) Have the following information to hand:
- the name of your current insurance company
- your policy number
- the main renewal date of your current policy
- Or contact your current insurer at least three months before the main renewal date of your current policy.
- Rate: you will enjoy a personalised rate. You will find more information about the segmentation policy here.
- Term: the term of your contract will be one year. The policy will automatically be extended for a further period of one year on each annual expiry date, unless you give notice of cancellation no later than three months before the expiry date.
Managing your car insurance is very easy with ING. You choose for yourself how you would prefer to do it.
- You can adjust your insurance using the following templates:
- Change your vehicle
- Change the principal driver
- Add an insurance cover
- Delete an insurance cover
- Add an occasional driver
- Change the vehicle's accessories or use
- Change the payment method
- cancel my contract within 14 days after subscription
- cancel my contract due to a new ING Car Insurance
- cancel my contract on renewal date
- cancel my contract because of a tariff change
- cancel my contract because I moved abroad
- Call the NN Car Team on +32 2 464 60 04 (Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm). They will immediately make the necessary changes to your policy.
Whichever method you choose, you will always receive confirmation in writing at your legal address.
Any individual aged at least 18 with a legal address in Belgium can take out the insurance. The vehicle to be insured must be registered in Belgium.
The above insurance policy is governed by Belgian law.
You can visit an ING branch to calculate the premium or you can use the simulator in Home’Bank.
You can consult the general information on insurance cover, as well as the policy of ING Belgium SA/NV and of the insurer regarding conflicts of interest (including benefits), at www.ing.be > Charges and regulations > Information and regulations.
If we are taking over a contract from another insurer, we can handle all the administrative formalities, but you will have to supply us with a claims history certificate. If we do not receive that certificate in time, we will cancel the policy.
ING Car Insurance is offered to you, subject to acceptance, by:
- Insurance intermediary: ING Belgium SA/NV, an insurance broker registered with the FSMA under number 0403200393. Registered office: Avenue Marnix/Marnixlaan 24, B-1000 Brussels – Brussels RPM/RPR – VAT BE 0403.200.393 – email@example.com – www.ing.be – BIC: BBRUBEBB – IBAN: BE45 3109 1560 2789
- Insurer: NN Non-Life Insurance NV, company incorporated under Dutch law, licensed to insure risks in Belgium, insurance company registered under the green card code number 1449. Registered office: Prinses Beatrixlaan 35, 2595 AK The Hague, Netherlands – Trade register number 27127537, under the supervision of De Nederlandsche Bank.
- Representative in Belgium: NN Insurance Services Belgium SA/NV, authorised among other things to settle claims in Belgium for NN Non-Life Insurance NV, insurance agent registered with the FSMA under number 0890270750. Registered office: Avenue Fonsny/Fonsnylaan 38, 1060 Brussels, Belgium – Brussels RPM/RPR – VAT BE 0890.270.750
Important information before you continue
- About insurance and conflicts of interest: You can read the general information about the insurance policies and the description of the conflict of interest policy, including the benefits, of ING Belgium SA/NV and of the insurer. This information can always be consulted at www.ing.be > Charges and regulations > Information and regulations > Insurances
Not completely satisfied with the distribution of this product?
- Contact ING online: www.ing.be/complaints
- Call ING: +32 464 60 04
Not completely satisfied with your ING Car Insurance?
- Contact NN online: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Call NN: +32 2 407 70 00;
- You can send your complaint by post to NN Complaint Management, NN Non-Life Insurance, PB 80100, 1070 Brussels, Belgium.
Complaints about the distribution or the product?
- You can also contact the Insurance Ombudsman, Square de Meeûs/de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, Belgium - Tel.: + 32 2 547 58 71 - Fax: + 32 2 547 59 75 - email@example.com - https://www.ombudsman.as/nl/
Exclusions and limitations of the insurance policy:
- If we take over a contract from another insurer, you must supply us with a claims history certificate. If we do not receive this certificate in time, we will cancel the policy.
- ING Car Insurance does not cover vehicles for business use (irrespective of whether this is for transporting goods or people).
- In order to benefit from the agreed forms of cover, you must state the usual driver of the vehicle correctly.
- The ‘civil liability’ cover does not apply to the medical expenses of the driver liable for the accident. For this, you should take out driver insurance.
- The ‘civil liability’ cover does not apply to damage caused by yourself to the insured vehicle. For this, you should take out comprehensive insurance.
A full description of this insurance can be found in the general terms and conditions (PDF) and the information document on the insurance product (PDF). We invite you to become familiar with these documents before you subscribe.