ING Lion Assistance
Travel carefree with this travel insurance including vehicle cover
ING Lion Assistance is a travel and breakdown insurance that covers you throughout Europe. It also includes a replacement vehicle if needed. And that’s not all – you can also count on a cover for individuals and bike assistance in Belgium.
You will receive a replacement vehicle if yours cannot be repaired immediately. If you are in Belgium, you can use the vehicle for up to 15 days and abroad, for up to 5 days.
Roadside assistance throughout Europe (even at home)
Engine failure, a flat tyre or accidentally filled up with the wrong fuel? No matter where you are with your vehicle, at home, in Belgium or abroad, we will send professional roadside assistance as soon as possible.
Cover for you, your family and your vehicle - both at home and abroad - as well as bike assistance in Belgium.
The travel and breakdown assistance, developed by Inter Partner Assistance SA/NV and subject to Belgian law, that you can rely on, day and night, in a wide variety of situations. This policy combines the advantages of travel assistance for persons with comprehensive cover for your vehicle. Bike assistance in Belgium is now also included in your ING Lion Assistance.
Any private individual whose residence is in Belgium or who resides there for at least 180 days a year can take out an ING Lion Assistance annual policy with vehicle assistance.
The beneficiaries may be:
- the policy holder.
- the policy holder's family (anybody living under the same roof as the insured party), provided you choose the family option.
- single children of the policy holder who live at a different address but come to visit the policy holder, as long they are still dependent on the insured party or their current or former partner financially or for tax purposes, provided you choose the family option.
- other persons residing in Belgium, transported free of charge in the insured vehicle (only in the event of a road traffic accident, mechanical breakdown or theft of the insured vehicle).
Managing your ING Lion Assistance travel and breakdown insurance is incredibly simple. Do you wish to modify or cancel your policy? Choose from 1 of the headings below, fill in the form and send it back to ING.
- Changing my policy
- Insured persons (PDF).
- Policyholder's address: make an appointment at your ING branch.
- Account number for direct debit: to change the account number used for direct debits, please block the existing direct debit in Home'Bank and create a new one yourself using this form (PDF).
- Removing "vehicle assistance" cover (PDF).
- Changing the registration number of the insured vehicle(s) (PDF).
- Vehicle cover:
- Vehicle assistance and towing costs after a mechanical breakdown, flat tyre, shortage of fuel or accident. Assistance if your car keys are lost or stolen.
- Sending car parts abroad.
- If your vehicle is immobilised abroad, you will be reimbursed for the following, depending on circumstances:
- bringing the repaired vehicle to your home or your train or flight ticket if you wish to collect the repaired vehicle
- the repatriation of the insured vehicle to Belgium for repair at a garage of your choice
- the costs of your extended hotel stay pending the repairs abroad (maximum of 100 euros per insured person for each day, up to a maximum of 1,000 euros per claim)
- the costs of a taxi or hire car to get you home or to your destination (maximum 100 euros per insured person per day, up to a maximum of 1,000 euros per claim).
- Replacement vehicle: If your vehicle needs to be repaired following a breakdown, accident, vandalism or attempted theft you will be given a replacement car to use while your car is being repaired (for a maximum of 15 days in Belgium and a maximum of 5 days in Europe).
- If the vehicle is stolen, whether it be through theft, carjacking or homejacking you will be given a replacement car to use (for a maximum of 15 days in Belgium and a maximum of 5 days in Europe).
- If your car has become immobilised abroad and you have returned to Belgium, you will be given a replacement car to use in Belgium for up to 10 days.
You can insure up to 4 vehicles on your policy. Your vehicle must be no more than 10 years old on the commencement date of your contract. Cover is valid in Belgium and Europe.
- Assistance for persons:
- Medical expenses abroad can be reimbursed up to 100,000 euros.
- Medical expenses in Belgium can be reimbursed up to 2,500 euros.
- Reimbursement and organisation of the repatriation of the injured and their family or of an extended stay at a hotel if the injured person cannot travel for medical reasons (maximum of 100 euros per day per sick or injured person for up to 10 days).
- Travel assistance:
- Reimbursement of additional travel expenses (maximum of 100 euros per day, up to a maximum of 500 euros per claim) if you are stranded abroad due to force majeure (e.g. strike, natural disaster or epidemic).
- 24/7 emergency phone assistance.
- Replacement luggage and reimbursement of the costs of the most necessary purchases up to 250 euros in the event of baggage delay, theft or loss.
- If necessary, an advance up to 2,500 euros for uninsured expenses (such as vehicle repair costs) in the event of an insured event.
- Assistance at home:
- In the event of loss or theft of your house keys or if you have left your keys in the house and cannot gain entry, we will reimburse the costs of a locksmith (up to 250 euros per annum, once a year).
- In the event of serious damage to your home, we will pay for 2 consecutive nights in a hotel (up to 100 euros per night per insured person) and 250 euros for the most necessary purchases.
- Bike assistance in Belgium:
- The service Bike Assistance is provided in case of: a mechanical failure (breakdown), a flat tyre, a case of vandalism, theft or attempted theft, loss of key of the padlock and/or blocked padlock.
- The service is in charge for the transport of this bicycle and of the Customer either to the repairer of his choice, or to the location of departure (his home, his vehicle,...).
The premium charged depends on the number of vehicles insured and whether you opt for insurance just for yourself or also for your family. “Family" refers to the policy holder, the cohabiting partner or spouse and any unmarried children or family members living at the same address. Unmarried children of the policy holder and partner living at a different address are also insured in most cases. For a full overview, please read the General Terms and Conditions (PDF).
Just for you / For you and your family
1 vehicle 178 euros / 196 euros
2 vehicles 272 euros / 290 euros
3 vehicles 402 euros / 420 euros
4 vehicles 532 euros / 550 euros
- Your ING Travel Assistance policy with vehicle cover insures you for 1 year. Your policy is automatically renewed at maturity for an additional period of 1 year unless you provide notice of termination at least 3 months prior to the end date.
- Your policy commences from your choice of date, at the earliest at the time and date you lodge your application.
Important information before you continue
What is ING’s travel assistance with vehicle cover (annual policy)?
The travel and breakdown assistance, developed by Inter Partner Assistance SA/NV and subject to Belgian law, that you can rely on, day and night, in a wide variety of situations. This policy combines the advantages of travel assistance for persons with comprehensive cover for your vehicle.
The main exclusions and limitations of this insurance
- Vehicle assistance benefits in Belgium and in the countries and islands of geographical Europe, barring Turkey.
- The vehicle may not be more than 10 years old on the start date of the coverage.
- A replacement car is provided while your car is being repaired for a maximum of 15 days in Belgium and a maximum of 5 days in Europe.
- Refund of medical expenses abroad: up to 100,000 euros per insured with an annual contract and up to 25,000 euros per insured with a temporary contract. In both cases, the excess is 50 euros.
- Refund of further treatment in Belgium: up to 2,500 euros per insured provided the insured is hospitalised for at least one night.
- Refund of search and rescue costs: up to a maximum of 7,500 euros per insured.
- Refund of repatriation costs of the injured party and other insured parties or the costs for extending the hotel stay if the injured party may not be moved for medical reasons (up to a maximum of 100 euros a day and a maximum of 10 days per insured).
You can find a complete description of the insurance policy, exclusions and limitations in the General terms and conditions (PDF) and the Information sheet (PDF) of the ING Lion Assistance with vehicle cover. These documents are available on www.ing.be and in all ING branches. Be sure to read them before signing your nsurance policy.
About the duration of your contract: Your ING Travel Assistance policy with vehicle cover insures you for 1 year. Your policy is automatically renewed at maturity for an additional period of 1 year unless you provide notice of termination at least 3 months prior to the end date.
About our insurance and conflict of interest policy You can find general information about ING Belgium S.A./NV’s and the insurer Inter Partner Assistance SA/NV’s insurance offer and conflict of interest policy including inducements via ing.be > Charges and regulations > information and regulations > Insure.
Not 100% satisfied?:
Feel free to contact ING Complaint Management, Cours Saint-Michel/Sint-Michielswarande 60, 1040 Brussels, call +32 2 547 61 02 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Have you already been in touch with ING? You can also contact the Insurance Ombudsman: de Meeûssquare 35, 1000 Brussels, call +32 2 547 58 71 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in ING annual travel assistance with vehicle cover?
- For the applicable terms and conditions, exclusions and limits please consult the general terms and conditions and the Information Sheet (PDF) available at www.ing.be and from any ING branch. Please read these documents before taking out a policy.
- You have the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the general information on insurance and the statement regarding ING Belgium’s SA/NV and the insurer’s, conflict of interest policy, including inducements. This information can always be consulted on www.ing.be > Charges and regulations > Information and Regulations > Insure.
- Apply for your travel insurance online: it only takes a few minutes
- Compare our different assistance packages.
The above mentioned insurance products are governed by Belgian law and have a term of one year. You can go to an ING branch to calculate the premium and obtain a price quotation or you can consult the simulator via www.ing.be or via Home’Bank.
For the applicable terms and conditions, exclusions and limits please consult the general terms and conditions and the information sheets available at www.ing.be and from any ING branch. Please read these documents before taking out a policy.
You can consult the general information on insurance, the policy of ING Belgium SA/nv and the insurer regarding conflicts of interests (including benefits) at www.ing.be > Charges and regulations > Information and Regulations.
Complaints may be sent to ING Complaint Management, Cours Saint-Michel 60, 1040 Brussels (phone +32 2 547 61 02 – e-mail: email@example.com) or the Insurance Ombudsman, Square de Meeûs 35, 1000 Brussels (phone + 32 2 547 58 71 – e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
ING Lion Assistance insurance is an insurance product provided, upon mutual agreement, by:
Insurance intermediary: ING Belgium SA/nv, an insurance broker, registered with the FSMA under the code number 12381A. Registered office: avenue Marnix 24, B-1000 Brussels – Brussels RPM/RPR – VAT BE 0403.200.393. Phone + 32 2 547 21 11 – email@example.com - www.ing.be - RPM Bruxelles – BIC: BBRUBEBB – IBAN: BE45 3109 1560 2789.
Insurer: Inter Partner Assistance SA/nv, an insurance company approved under the code number 0487. Registered office: avenue Louise 166, BP 1, B-1050 Brussels RPM/RPR - VAT BE 0415.591.055. Phone 32 2 550 04 00 – BIC: BBRUBEBB – IBAN: BE66 3630 8057 8243. For all conditions and exceptions, please read the General Terms and Conditions (PDF) and the relevant Information Sheet (PDF).