Trading ETFs is more advantageous for an entire month!
You're investing by yoruself with ING Self Invest but don't have much time to get stuck in ith? ETF's could be the answer for you! Especially now you don't pay any brokerage fees on your ETF transactions.
How to profit from this offer...
- If you don't have a ING Self Invest investment account yet, you'll need to open one first. an investment platform that makes investing accessible to everyone. (You need to have an ING Current Account or Invest Account for this.)
- Log in to your ING Investing app or Home'Bank.
- Trade ETF's using your ING Self Invest. The offer applies to both the selling and the buying of ETF's.
- The discount is applied at the moment of the transaction.
Want to know more about ETF's?
> Check out the handy lists where we've grouped ETF's per theme.
Terms and conditions ‘ETF promotion April-May 2022’
Promotion period and participation
The promotional period runs from 26 April to 27 May 2022.
The promotion applies to customers with an ING Self Invest investment account who meet the following conditions:
- The client must have an ING Self Invest investment account. The moment of the opening of the account plays no role whatsoever.
- If you do not yet have an ING Current Account or Invest Account, you will first have to open one in order to open an ING Self Invest investment account.
- The promotion is valid for the full range of ETFs tradable through IN Self Invest. This also applies to any newly added ETFs during the promotional period.
- When trading ETF's, both buying and selling them, no brokerage fee is payable during the promotional period of the transaction is carried out during the promotion period. Therefore orders that have been entered but not yet executed are not included in the promotion.
- All other costs and taxes (e.g. stock exchange taxes, Reynders tax, etc.) are for the customer's account.
- The discount is applied at the time of the transaction.
For any complaints about this promotion
- Contact ING Complaint Management, Sint-Michielswarande 60,1040 Brussels. Call +32 2 464 60 04 or fill in this form to enter a complaint.
- Did you already get in touch with ING? In that case, you can also contact Ombudsfin concerning banking disputes at Ombudsfin, North Gate II, Koning Albert II-laan 8, 1000 Brussels or mail to firstname.lastname@example.org