Set up a high-quality pension fund with tax savings, created by NN Investment Partners.
Save for your retirement with this pension savings fund, created by NN Investment Partners, while benefiting from tax savings now and a potentially high return on your investment.
Save automatically for your pension
You decide the amount and frequency of your payments, from as little as €24.
High-quality pension fund
Profit from potentially higher returns over the long-term. But, neither the returns nor your capital are guaranteed.
Enjoy tax savings equivalent to 30% of the premiums paid with a maximum deductible amount of 960 euros per year.
Risks to consider*
The main risks are market risks, credit risk, currency risk, non-performance risk and capital risk.
Please read before starting your savings plan
Please read these documents before taking out a policy
- Key Investor Information (PDF - FR)
- Prospectus (PDF - FR)
- Latest performance report (PDF)
- Technical information sheet (PDF)
- Annual Report (PDF - FR)
- Biannual report (PDF - FR)
These documents are also available on request and free of charge from your ING branch and on ing.be in English, French and Dutch.
What is a pension savings fund and who is it for?
- Star Fund is a mutual pension savings fund incorporated under Belgian law. A pension savings fund is a Collective Investment Undertaking (CIU) managed in the exclusive interest of its shareholders, with the sole purpose of investing in financial products. The fund's capital increases or decreases as shareholders subscribe to, or redeem units. With pension savings, you top up your statutory pension with a lump sum that you build up at your own pace.
- If you are between 18 and 64 years old (on 31 December in the year of joining) and are a Belgian resident who pays income tax in Belgium, then you can apply for a Star Fund.
- Your payments are made by direct debit from your ING current account or an ING Invest Account. The only condition is that the (joint) account holder must be the same as for the account linked to your pension savings fund.
Star Fund aim for long-term capital growth. The fund invests in a balanced portfolio of shares, bonds and cash positions, mainly denominated in euro, in accordance with legislation applicable to funds and tax regulations for pension savings funds. The fund invests solely in companies listed on stock exchanges in member countries of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). The portfolio is distributed between several categories of assets and diversified geographically and by sector. This diversification makes it possible to obtain long-term returns.
Historical records – Actuarial Yield - Capitalization share
Valid on 19/09/2018 Valid on Currency after 1 year after 3 years after 5 years after 10 years since inception Euro 1.29 3.7 6.37 4.03 6.18
Source : Morningstar Direct ™
Actuarial gain expressed on an annual basis in the currency of the relevant UCITS over 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, 10 years and since inception. It relates to end-of-month returns based on historical data. The returns shown take no account of entry fees and potential taxes. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance and can be misleading. The value of shares in the fund and income received from it can go down as well as up, and investors may not get back the full amount invested. All performance data shown is in Euro, include reinvested dividends and are net of management fees. Sales charges and other commissions, taxes and other relevant costs paid by the investor are not included in the calculations. Fund launch date: 30/12/1988
Class Launch date: 30/12/1988
Reference currency: The reference currency is the euro.
The benefits of Star Fund
- Pay less tax: whether you have only just started working or have been at it for a while already, saving for your pension is always a good idea. Especially when you consider that you will get 30% of what you save back every year in the form of tax savings.
- Invest in top-quality funds: profit from potentially higher returns over the long-term. But, neither the returns nor your capital are guaranteed.
- Save at your own pace:
- Start from just €24: you decide how much you pay in and how often. You can invest between 24 and 960 euros** a year (maximum deductible amount for 2018 - tax year 2019). You will build up a nice pension fund at your own pace.
- Unlimited term: the pension capital (formed from the repeated purchase of holdings) may be sold, at the customer's request, when they see fit. The ING Star Fund pension savings fund does not have an expiry date.
- You open and manage your account online: you can track the performance of your pension savings plan and manage your deposits via Home’Bank.
Main risks associated with Star Fund
The main risks to be considered are as follows:
- Market risks: high. This takes past performance into consideration and potential future changes in the markets in relation to the financial instruments used to attain the investment objectives.
- Different factors have an influence on the financial instruments. In particular, they include changes to financial markets and the economic situation of issuers of financial instruments, which in turn rely on the state of the global economy in general and on the political and economic context of each country. The value of the Star Fund holdings vary upwards and downwards depending on changes to the financial markets.
- Credit risk: the risk of the counterpart - the underlying investments - defaulting is considered to be medium.
- Currency risk: exposure to currency risk can affect the performance of the sub-fund.
- Non-performance risk: the return realised during a specific period may be positive or negative, depending on the fund's investment strategy. The non-performance risk is strongly linked to the market risk
- Capital risk: No guarantee is provided as to the recovery of your initial investment.
No guarantee is given that returns will be obtained and/or that the initial stake will be recovered. Amounts invested in CIUs (Undertaking for Collective Investment) are not covered by the Fund for the protection of deposits and financial instruments.
Net asset value and premium
The net asset value is calculated in Belgium each bank working day. The net asset value is published every public banking business day in Belgium in the financial press, as well as on the BeAMA website. It is also available at the Management Company’s registered address and over the counter from your financial services provider. The publication date is the reporting date of redemption, conversion or subscription orders.
Fees and taxation
- Entry charge (applicable by ING Belgium): 3%
- Exit charge: 0%
- Ongoing charges taken from the Sub-Fund over a year: 1.17% of which 1% management fees.
- Custody fee: 0%/annum
- Tax relief: you benefit from 288 euros (30%) in tax relief, depending on your income, if you save 960 euros*.
- Tax certificate: each year in May, you will receive a tax certificate for your deposits in the previous year. You can also download this certificate via Home’Bank, along with your other tax certificates.
- Low final tax:
- On your 60th birthday*** you will enjoy a favourable final tax rate of 8%. The amount of this tax is based on the total contributions you have paid, at a flat interest rate of 4.75%. However, you can always continue investing and enjoying tax relief until the age of 64. After that you are no longer taxed.
- Did you start saving at 55? The minimum term is 10 years which means that you will only be able to access your funds at the age of 65. You may, of course, draw on your capital sooner, however this will have significant disadvantages from the point of view of taxation.
**Maximum deductible amount for 2018 - Tax year 2019
***If you subscribed to the pension savings before being 55 or later, the charge will be perceived at the tenth anniversary of the opening.
Identity of the financial agent
Financial services provider: ING Belgium SA, a public limited company under Belgian law, avenue Marnix/Marnixlaan 24, B-1000 Brussels and Dexia Bank Belgium SA, a public limited company under Belgian law, Boulevard Pacheco/Pachecolaan 44, B-1000 Brussels.
Not 100% satisfied?
Contact us online: www.ing.be/complaints, call us: +32 2 464 60 04 or send us a letter: ING Complaint Management, Cours Saint-Michel/Sint-Michielswarande 60, 1040 Brussels.
The Belgian Star Fund pension savings fund is offered (to acceptance by ING Belgium SA/NV and mutual agreement) by: ING Belgium SA/NV – Bank. Head office: Avenue Marnix/Marnixlaan 24, B-1000 Brussels – Brussels Register of Companies – VAT BE 0403.200.393 – BIC (SWIFT): BBRUBEBB - IBAN (account): BE45 3109 1560 2789 (310-9156027-89).
This publicity message is a public offer and not a personal recommendation and does not constitute investment advice in accordance with Article 46, 9° and 10° of the law of 6 April 1995 on the status and supervision of investment companies. Customers should assess this information for themselves in the light of their own individual situation, taking account of their financial situation and their investment objectives. Customers remain solely and fully liable for the use they choose to make of such information and the consequences of their decisions.