6 January 2017
Winter sales and holidays: the best protection
Generally, the sales period of the year is not lenient on your wallet. But you can optimise your purchases to avoid coming away with your pockets. completely empty. How? A few tips.
Winter sales: take care of your purchases
Tip: Bear in mind how you will pay for your shopping. Breakages, theft, wrong deliveries… For the best protection for your purchases, consider paying with the right credit card! Its various insurance options will protect you:
- “Purchase” insurance covers your purchases of a certain value against damage and theft, up to a certain amount and for a certain period of time.
- “Delivery” insurance ensures the delivery of your purchases of a certain value purchased on-line, up to a certain amount and for a certain period of time.
- “Extended warranty” insurance extends the warranty on goods of a certain value and with the legal warranty of two years.
A credit card is thus not only a means to spread your payments over time, it is also a good way to protect your purchases!
Half term holidays: leave with peace of mind
If you are planning to leave on holiday, don’t wait until the last minute! Organise your holidays in advance and check out the best deals throughout the year for unforgettable holidays at an affordable price.
Here too, it is important to consider cases where your trip does not go as planned. There are a certain number of insurance and assistance policies that allow you to go on your trip with peace of mind:
- If, unfortunately, you or a member of your family has a serious accident when on holiday resulting in death or permanent disability, the “travel accident” insurance will cover the costs, under certain conditions.
- What if a serious event prevents you from leaving (accident, death of a relative, destroyed home, theft of travel documents, etc.)? The “cancellation” insurance will allow you, under certain conditions, to recover the money spent on your booking.
- What if you fall ill while on holiday and need to be hospitalised? Or if you need to be repatriated to receive the necessary care? Or if your condition is such that you have to wait to heal before going home? Under certain conditions, the “assistance” insurance covers the costs related to such cases.
In addition to payment flexibility, the right credit card will again help save the day in case of glitches.
Now you are slightly better prepared to benefit fully from the sales period and your forthcoming holidays!
Article written in association with TopCompare.