12 May 2019
Did you think about everything? Really?
Travelling thousands of miles and then realising that you have forgotten something important. That is a classic. Whether it is administrative documents, your medication or your camera… our checklist will save you unnecessary hassle.
A well-prepared trip, an organised traveller
Every trip has its demands. But wherever you go, you must not forget the important details. When you are far away, every little thing that you forget could be annoying, and costly. Here is a list of things you have to take.
- Identity card or passport/visa
- Driving licence (an international one if required)
- Travel documents (flight tickets…)
- Bank and credit cards
- Insurance policy numbers
- A good travel insurance
- Phone number of your travel insurance
- Mobile phone and charger, camera, tablet
- Adapter plug (if necessary)
- Contact lenses and solution, sunglasses
- Travel medication pack
- Travel guides
You need also to think about a few details for your accommodation here in Belgium.
- Turn off the gas and the heating
- Unplug electronic devices
- Water the plants
- Take out the dustbins and empty the fridge
Identity card or passport?
- In Europe, a Belgian identity card is enough.
- Outside of Europe, you must at least have your passport (with an expiry date at least 6 months after your return date).
- Some countries require a visa. Check which documents you will need where you are going.
- If you are going to the US, you need an electronic visa. There is a charge and you have to apply for it in advance.
- Think also to check if you have an international driving licence, which you will need to be able to drive in some countries.