14 May 2019
How can you use your ING debit card outside Europe?
Are you planning to go abroad and would like to use your debit card? Are you outside Europe and can’t make payments with your debit card? With ING, go away with peace of mind!
The ING debit card is automatically activated in Europe
Activate your debit card when you go outside Europe
Activate it before your departure
Activate the Maestro function on your debit card before you leave, for the dates of your choice and travel with peace of mind!
Activating the Maestro function on your debit card is free via Home’Bank or the ING Smart Banking app.
To use your debit card abroad and limit the risks of fraud, keep the activation period to a strict minimum (the length of your trip).
How can I activate my debit card outside Europe?
Activate your debit card wherever you are with the ING Smart Banking app
1. Log on to ING Smart Banking on your smartphone
2. Go to the Self-service corner via the menu (top left) and select the category "My accounts and cards"
3. Select “Use my debit card outside Europe”
You don’t have the ING Smart Banking app yet? Download it here.
Don't have the app? No worries! You can also activate your debit card yourself via ing.be:
- Go to the Self-service corner, select the category "My accounts and cards"
- Select “Use my debit card outside Europe"
- Log in to Home'Bank: make sure you have your ING debit card and card reader
You cannot do via the app or computer?
Just call +32 2 464 60 04 (from Monday to Friday between 8 am and 10 pm / Saturday between 9 am and 5 pm).