7 July 2020
Pay contactless from now on. Faster, safer and especially more hygienic.
This is why we have decided, together with other banks, to raise the limits for contactless payments.
How does contactless payment work?
Thanks to NFC (Near Field Communication) technology, you no longer need to enter your PIN code to pay. Simply place your debit or credit card against the payment terminal and it’s done!
Not sure if your card is contactless? Check to see if an icon representing 4 radio waves on your card. If so, you can pay contactless!
Still uncertain how contactless payments work? Watch this short explanatory video made by Febelfin (FR), the Belgian Federation for the Financial Sector.
What are the limits for contactless payments?
As of 14 April, due to the confinement measures, new limits will be introduced.
- The limit per transaction for contactless payments will increase from 25 to 50 euros. In other words, you will no longer have to enter your PIN code for payments of 50 euros or less.
- The cumulative amount for contactless payments will increase from 50 euros to 100 euros. In other words, you can spend up to 100 euros without having to enter your PIN code.
Totally safe technology
Contactless payments are fast, secure and simple.
You can only make a contactless payment at a maximum of 10 cm from the payment terminal. In addition, you always have to confirm payments of more than 50 euros with your PIN code.
Your debit card doesn’t have contactless technology?
If your debit card does not have the contactless feature, we will replace your card free of charge.
How can you request your contactless debit card for free without having to go anywhere?
- Open the app and login
- Click on ‘Self-service corner' (1st line, middle square).
- Select ‘My Accounts and Cards’.
- Click on ‘I’m having a problem with my debit card’.
- Select ‘Replace a broken or unreadable card’ and follow the steps
You will receive your new card by post within the next few days.