9 July 2021
EGF Guarantee (European Guarantee Fund)
The European Guarantee Fund (EGF) was put in place by the European Investment Fund (EIF) for the purpose of supporting SMEs in their efforts to weather the COVID-19 crisis. Below you will find all the information you need to benefit from this support measure.
1. What is the EGF guarantee
The EGF guarantee is a public measure guaranteeing new loan commitments for sums between at least €25,000 and at most €7,500,000.
ING has been selected by the European Investment Fund as an one of the intermediary to distribute this guarantee in Belgium.
2. Who can benefit from the EGF guarantee?
SMEs and self-employed who meet all 3 conditions below can benefit from the EGF guarantee:
1. The applicant is an SME:
- it has less than 250 employees in the whole of its group
- AND its turnover is less than €50 million, OR its balance sheet total is less than €43 million
2. The company/organization is permanently based in Belgium.
3. As of 31 December 2019, the company / organization was not in financial difficulty.
Do not hesitate to get in touch with your ING contact for more information on the EGF guarantee eligibility conditions.
3. Which business loans are eligible?
Any type of loan taken out in euros can benefit from the EGF guarantee except for loans that have no set maturity, leases or bank guarantees granted.
Please note that the EIF imposes some restrictions on certain types of loans (Refinancing, balloon and bullet loans, loans with a maturity in excess of 6 years…)
4. Up to when is this guarantee available?
The framework contract signed with the EIF enables ING to issue EGF guarantees up to 31 December 2022* to the extent that the amount granted to ING has not been fully used up.
*The loan must be signed before 31 December 2022.
If you think you meet the EGF guarantee conditions, do not hesitate to discuss it with your ING contact when submitting your loan application.