10 October 2017
What does ING do to maintain your security when you use our apps?
At ING, we make your security a top priority. Which is why we use the latest technology to protect you against fraud. See below for some of the many measures we put in place to guarantee you the most secure online banking experience possible.
In concrete terms, how does ING protect you?
- The latest encryption systems for all transactions/communications via the bank.
- Automatic disconnection after 3 minutes' inactivity.
- After 5 incorrect PIN attempts, your profile is deactivated and you need to create another profile.
- Upper limits on transactions.
- Transaction monitoring: in the event of any unusual or suspicious movements, we will block access until we receive confirmation from you that you did in fact authorise the transaction.
- None of your personal or banking details is stored on your device.
What is account monitoring?
To protect your details, we constantly monitor movements on your account. At the slightest sign of a suspicious and/or unusual movement (and the transaction does not seem "like you"), we will block it until you confirm that you did in fact make the request. If necessary, we will also block access to the app. In that case, we will then invite you to update your contact details via Home’Bank, so we can warn you quickly if this kind of situation happens again.
If we call you, we will never ask you for your passwords, access codes, PINs, contact details or any other sensitive information.
If you receive a call from someone claiming to work for ING but have doubts about their authenticity, do not hesitate to hang up and call ING on +32 2 464 60 04 (this number can also be found on the back of your ING bank card). This is the only ING contact number for this kind of procedure.