ING and social media
Many people now use social media such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter as their main source of news and information. Read on to find out about ING’s use of social media.
With the advent of the internet, mobile devices and social media, information spreads quickly, very quickly. Consumers want to be able to respond to the news immediately and share their opinions on it.
ING Belgium likes direct and open communication and for that reason we are active on social media such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
You’ll find useful tips about banking transactions and information concerning our products and activities. We also publish our campaigns and respond to your comments. We listen to you and learn from your suggestions. This allows us to improve our products and services.
Through Facebook and Twitter your finger is always on the pulse with regard to our competitions. You may even end up winning one of our many fantastic prizes!
And of course you can also respond to our posts, as well as like or share them.
Social Media Charter
ING Belgium SA/nv (hereinafter ING) assumes that everyone who visits and uses ING's social media is aware of and accepts this Social Media Charter.
We want to safeguard the interests, rights and opinions of everyone who visits our social media pages. We therefore ask that you comply with the following rules of conduct.
- You are entirely liable for your messages. ING is not responsible or liable for the opinions of others, even if such opinions are published on ING's social media pages.
- For your own security ING recommends that you never disclose personal information (telephone number, home address, e-mail address, banking details, etc.). ING will delete such messages to protect you.
- Furthermore, ING will never use your data for commercial purposes, unless you give your consent for such use.
Respect for everyone
- Mutual respect is a given.
- You should not publish opinions or content of an obscene, hateful or offensive nature, nor post points of view that are racist, ethnic, sexual, vulgar or inappropriate and that could harm a person's privacy, dignity and reputation.
- If you disagree with an opinion you can express your point of view and present arguments, but always in a respectful manner.
Respect for social media
- You should not publish content with viruses, Trojans or malicious code or any other software or content aimed at interrupting or disrupting our social media, our community and enjoyment of use.
- To protect you against potential fraud, ING will refuse and remove commercial messages, videos, links, etc. which are fraudulent or the content of which ING deems unsuitable.
Respect for intellectual property
- You should not publish, send or disclose any content for which you do not hold distribution or intellectual property rights.
- ING has the right at all times to remove a message if it does not meet these rules of conduct. ING may also take legal steps if it deems this appropriate.
- Please notify us of any content, views or behaviour that in your opinion breaches the above rules of conduct.
Non-compliance with the rules of conduct.
- If anyone fails to comply with these rules of conduct, ING is entitled to ban them from ING's social media.
The ING Belgium Webcare Team
The ING Belgium Webcare Team is active on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. The team quickly responds to all of your questions and comments. That way ING Belgium is always close by!
You can contact us from Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Just send us a message!