Pension savings fund
Star Fund (Manufacturer = NN Investment Partners)
Save automatically for your pension
High-quality pension fund
Whether you have only just started working or have been at it for a while already, saving for your pension is always a good idea. Especially when you consider that you will get 30% of what you save back every year in the form of tax savings.
What is a pension savings fund?
Star Fund is a mutual pension savings fund incorporated under Belgian law.
A pension savings fund is a Collective Investment Undertaking (CIU) managed in the exclusive interest of its shareholders, with the sole purpose of investing in financial products. The fund's capital increases or decreases as shareholders subscribe to, or redeem units.
With pension savings, you top up your statutory pension with a lump sum that you build up at your own pace.
Star Fund aim for long-term capital growth.
The fund invests in a balanced portfolio of shares, bonds and cash positions, mainly denominated in euro, in accordance with legislation applicable to funds and tax regulations for pension savings funds. The fund invests solely in companies listed on stock exchanges in member countries of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). The portfolio is distributed between several categories of assets and diversified geographically and by sector. This diversification makes it possible to obtain long-term returns.
Before subscribing, your are advised to read carefully the following documents :
These documents are available for free in your ING-branch or on this website. These documents are available in Dutch or French.
Historical records – Actuarial Yield - Capitalization share
Source : Morningstar Direct ™
Actuarial gain expressed on an annual basis in the currency of the relevant UCITS over 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, 10 years and since inception. It relates to end-of-month returns based on historical data. The returns shown take no account of entry fees and potential taxes. Past performance is no guarantee of future performance and can be misleading. The value of shares in the fund and income received from it can go down as well as up, and investors may not get back the full amount invested. All performance data shown is in Euro, include reinvested dividends and are net of management fees. Sales charges and other commissions, taxes and other relevant costs paid by the investor are not included in the calculations.
Fund launch date: 02/02/1987
Class Launch date: 19/02/1987
Reference currency : The reference currency is the euro.
Who is it for?
To participate in a pension savings scheme, you have to be:
- a Belgian resident who pays income tax in Belgium.
- between 18 and 64 years old on 31 December in the year of joining.
Your payments are made by direct debit from your ING current account or an ING Invest Account. The only condition is that the (joint) account holder must be the same as for the account linked to your pension savings fund
- Pay less tax : receive 30% of everything you save back as a tax saving.
- Invest in top-quality funds: profit from potentially higher returns , over the long-term, although the returns and your capital are not guaranteed.
- Start from just 24 euros: so you can save for your pension at your own tempo.
- Manage it all online : manage your deposits and track the performance of your pension savings plan via Home’Bank.
The main risks to be considered are as follows:
- Market risks: high. This takes past performance into consideration and potential future changes in the markets in relation to the financial instruments used to attain the investment objectives. Different factors have an influence on the financial instruments. In particular, they include changes to financial markets and the economic situation of issuers of financial instruments, which in turn rely on the state of the global economy in general and on the political and economic context of each country. The value of the Star Fund holdings vary upwards and downwards depending on changes to the financial markets.
- Credit risk: the risk of the counterpart - the underlying investments - defaulting is considered to be medium.
- Currency risk: exposure to currency risk can affect the performance of the sub-fund.
- Non-performance risk: the return realised during a specific period may be positive or negative, depending on the fund's investment strategy. The non-performance risk is strongly linked to the market risk
- Capital risk: No guarantee is provided as to the recovery of your initial investment.
No guarantee is given that returns will be obtained and/or that the initial stake will be recovered. Amounts invested in CIUs are not covered by the Fund for the protection of deposits and financial instruments.
Net Asset Value
The net asset value is calculated in Belgium each bank working day. The net asset value is published every public banking business day in Belgium in the financial press, as well as on the BeAMA website (http://www.beama.be/en/nav). It is also available at the Management Company’s registered address and over the counter from your financial services provider.
You decide how much you pay in and how often. You can invest between 24 and node=/RATES/GENERAL/MAX_AMOUNT;replace=html euros* a year.
*Maximum deductible amount for node=/RATES/GENERAL/INCOME_YEAR;replace=html - tax year node=/RATES/GENERAL/TAX_YEAR;replace=html
- Unlimited term: the pension capital (formed from the repeated purchase of holdings) may be sold, at the customer's request, when they see fit. The ING Star Fund pension savings fund does not have an expiry date.
- Entry charge (applicable by ING Belgium): 3%
- Exit charge: 0%
Ongoing charges taken from the Sub-Fund over a year : 1.17% of which 1 % of management fees.
Custody fee : 0%/ annum
For other charges that might be paid by the investor, we refer to the prospectus
- Tax relief: you benefit from 282 euros (30%) in tax relief, depending on your income, if you save node=/RATES/GENERAL/MAX_AMOUNT;replace=html euros*.
- Tax certificate: each year in May, you will receive a tax certificate for your deposits in the previous year. You can also download this certificate via Home’Bank, along with your other tax certificates.
- Low final tax: on your 60th birthday** you will enjoy a favourable final tax rate of 8%. The amount of this tax is based on the total contributions you have paid, at a flat interest rate of 4.75%. However, you can always continue investing and enjoying tax relief until the age of 64. After that you are no longer taxed.
- The minimum term is 10 years. Which means that if you start saving at 55, you will only be able to access your funds at the age of 65. You may, of course, draw on your capital sooner, however this will have significant disadvantages from the point of view of taxation, as you will be taxed at a rate of 33%.
This tax system applies to private individuals resident in Belgium. Taxation depends on the individual situation of each customer and may change in the future.
*Maximum deductible amount for node=/RATES/GENERAL/INCOME_YEAR;replace=html- Tax year node=/RATES/GENERAL/TAX_YEAR;replace=html
** If you were 55 years or older at the time of opening your pension savings fund, the final tax will be applied 10 years after the opening date.
Identity of de financial agent
Financial services provider: ING Belgium SA, a public limited company under Belgian law, avenue Marnix/Marnixlaan 24, B-1000 Brussels and Belfius Bank Belgium SA, a public limited company under Belgian law, Boulevard Pacheco/Pachecolaan 44, B-1000 Brussels.
Complaints can be lodged with ING – Customer Service – Cours Saint Michel, 60 – 1040 Brussels. If no settlement can be reached in this way, please contact the Banks - Credit - Investments Mediation Service (www.ombudsfin.be).
Interested in a pension savings fund?
Star Fund is a mutual investment fund incorporated under Belgian law for which ING Belgium provides financial services. Star Fund aim for long-term capital growth. The investment norms, enshrined in law, ensure the optimum spread of assets with a view to achieving a balanced investment in high-risk securities and high-return securities. Up to the age of 64, Belgian taxpayers can invest an amount (actually maximum 940 euros) in this fund with tax benefits.
The prospectus, the key investor information document (CIDI) and most recent periodic report are free available, in French and in Dutch, from your branch and at www.ing.be. The minimum amount required to subscribe to a unit in Star Fund is 24 euros. Subscription fee: 3%; redemption fee: 0%; management fee: 1% per annum (as at 01/10/2015, subject to change before and after subscription with prior notice).
The net asset value is published in the financial press each Belgian working banking day. It is also available on the www.ing.be site. Important: please consult first the key investor information document (CIDI) available from your branch and at www.ing.be.
No withholding tax is deducted for the return on the Star Fund (under the current legislation). At the age of 60 you pay a one-off "long-term savings tax" of 8% (under current legislation). The amount of this tax is based on the total contributions paid, capitalised at a flat rate of 4.75% (under the current legislation).
A pension savings fund is a Collective Investment Undertaking (CIU) managed in the exclusive interest of its shareholders, with the sole purpose of investing in financial products. The fund's capital increases or decreases as shareholders subscribe to, or redeem units. Amounts invested in CIUs are not covered by the Fund for the protection of deposits and financial instruments.
The Belgian Star Fund pension savings fund is offered (to acceptance by ING Belgium SA/NV and mutual agreement) by: ING Belgium SA/NV – Bank. Head office: Avenue Marnix/Marnixlaan 24, B-1000 Brussels – Brussels Register of Companies – VAT BE 0403.200.393 – BIC (SWIFT): BBRUBEBB - IBAN (account) : BE45 3109 1560 2789 (310-9156027-89).
This publicity message is a public offer and not a personal recommendation and does not constitute investment advice in accordance with Article 46, 9° and 10° of the law of 6 April 1995 on the status and supervision of investment companies. Customers should assess this information for themselves in the light of their own individual situation, taking account of their financial situation and their investment objectives. Customers remain solely and fully liable for the use they choose to make of such information and the consequences of their decisions.